• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change a lens profile?

Contributor ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have wrongly attributed the wrong lens profile to a selection of raw images and want to correct this but how do I do that please? I can't seem to be able to revert to default to be able to change. I am running on a iMac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Really Select Default where it says Setup.

Same thing for your other image and then select the correct lens and profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not sure I understand the problem. You attributed the wrong profile. Why can’t you attribute the correct profile in the same way?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the same images

Set AutoSync On

Click Default in Lens Calibration / Lens Profile

wait a little

Set AutoSync Off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but didn't work. I have mistakingly selected Tamron 28-75mm instead of Tamron 10-24mm. The problem is I cannot select the 10-24 option as it doesn't give me the choice. Only 28-75 i.e. when I click Model I only get that lens not the one I want. When I first select a profile I then get the choice, but not now. Under setup when I select auto or default it clears the selection but when I choose Tamron as my lens choice it automatically selects the wrong lens. It seems to be embedded into LR now and not changeable.

grab 1.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, nothing gets embedded. This sounds like you have selected a JPEG image. Most lens profiles are for raw-files only, so they don’t show when you have selected a JPEG. Unchecking the option to use a lens profile at all is what you should do in that case.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JohanEl54  wrote

No, nothing gets embedded. This sounds like you have selected a JPEG image.

I never shoot or use jpeg. Only raw and then convert to tif.

I have now approached it from a different angle. I have some raw images taken by my Panasonic Lumix compact camera. As an example I selected the first image to have a Leica profile because the camera has a Leica lens built in. Without contacting Panasonic I do not know whether there is a profile for this camera. Nevertheless I selected a Leica profile then tried to deselect it but couldn't as before. I cannot revert to "built in"! Below is the info during this.

Before loading profile then after.

grab 3.jpeg grab 2.jpeg

When I click "Built in Lens Profile applied" I get this below.

grab 1.jpeg

So again I cannot undo what I have done. This is not of great importance in this instance but frustrating when you make a mistake and then cannot correct the error. Again unless you know different ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have such a camera so I can't try, but what happens when you select 'Default' behind Setup?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RogerG

When you see that "Built in Lens Profile applied" message it is specific and it is placed in the raw file by your camera and is required by your Camera Manufacturer Panasonic. Adobe has chosen to apply the camera profile at the behest of Panasonic and there is no option for you to turn it on or off.

If you select another camera profile to apply that will be applied in addition to the one that is already applied.

To wit your Camera Manufacturer i.e. Panasonic do not wish you to use the file without the profiles applied because that is so by design.

That said there are some raw converters that will not apply the profile and allow you to make a choice.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DdeGannes  wrote

@RogerG

When you see that "Built in Lens Profile applied" message it is specific and it is placed in the raw file by your camera and is required by your Camera Manufacturer Panasonic. Adobe has chosen to apply the camera profile at the behest of Panasonic and there is no option for you to turn it on or off.

Thank you. You are also correct. Soon after posting I realised all compact cameras with fixed non detachable lenses have built in lens profiles so no need to reinvent one in LR.  Thank you all for your informative replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Just+Shoot+Me  wrote

Yes you are correct and I apologise. Nevertheless there is a further solution that I missed. That is to revert to an earlier step in history before the profile change and there you have it. No profile! Obviously though if work has been done to the image before the profile change, which shouldn't have been done before the change anyway, this will be lost. Unless you save it first to PS then re-import as a tif to LR to make the profile change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not showing the bottom of the Lens Correction section. By chance is there a banner at the bottom that says "Built-in Lens Profile applied"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Just+Shoot+Me  wrote

You are not showing the bottom of the Lens Correction section. By chance is there a banner at the bottom that says "Built-in Lens Profile applied"?

I don’t think there is any camera that embeds profiles for Tamron lenses.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines