• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Welcome screen not displaying in Dreamweaver

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe 18.1 and when I open DW, the welcome screen (Quick Start) does not display. I have gone to preferences....general...and clicked "Show Start Screen" then click apply but it does not work...any help would be appreciated. I have also uninstalled and installed DW...didnt help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

This shows how to disable the feature, just do the reverse to enable Disable the Welcome screen Dreamweaver CC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This shows how to disable the feature, just do the reverse to enable Disable the Welcome screen Dreamweaver CC

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ben ....I did exactly that and it didnt work...not a big deal ..... I just like things to work right...again...thanks for answering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OSX: I have Dreamweaver 18.2 and am struggling with the same problem, startup screen not showing. I have tried the instructions in this post, also deleting preference files in hidden folders, reinstalling software, starting MAC in safe mode, using a different MAC machine, etc., and I keep getting the startup screen shown below. Any help will be appreciated. start-screen.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the same as my start up screen.  What were you expecting to see?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. What I expect to see, and what I got on the first install, is shown below, which is shown on several tutorials. I was seeing this until I did something resulting in the minimalistic start screen that I am getting now. Not just minimalistic, the two are not equivalent. A YouTube video (The Welcome Screen [Dreamweaver CS6] - YouTube) shows the original screen, and interestingly, a comment from someone complaining why he/she is not getting that screen.start-screen-org.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Welcome Screen" is gone, the old familiar one was dropped from the program several updates ago. It has been replaced by the new "Start Screen" which you show in your screenshot from yesterday.

The closest you can now get to the CS6 Welcome Screen would be to click on the "Quick Start" menu option on the left side of your CC 2018 screen shot. You are then presented with about a dozen icon options that represent the "Create New" list from CS6's Welcome Screen.

Ctrl+N gives a more familiar dialogue window though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines