• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro - will not go

Participant ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a little problem with Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018. When I save the files under "Save as", the screen goes black, except for the top bar where it says "Adobe Pro cc 2018" and the next line says "file, edit, clip ending with help". I go into file and press "Open recent" premiere Pro shows up but lacks completion of timeline. I press the sequence icon and the clips show up again. I would like to start by hearing different clips, but I cannot. I press the triangle to start it nothing happens. I can shut down completely and start again and then works things. What's wrong and what can I do to make it work??????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

mich_2,

This happens if you do not use the Save As function as intended. That is, you should always change the name of the Project when using Save As. Do not use the same name as your original project and save over that original. If the original project is named "Toys Are Us," use Save As and call the new Project "Toys Are Us_01" and everything will function normally.

In standard practice, and as with other computer programs, Save As function is intended to be used to build up your back up files i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Explain better, upload a video or upload screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have make some screenshot of theproblem and so you can see what I have make. I hope it can help.

billeder_Side_1.jpg

billeder_Side_2.png

billeder_Side_3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any idea of what resolution your video has, what codec and what bitrate is recorded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:

FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:

Reset a workspace

Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.

1. Do one of the following:
    • Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
    • Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn’t work,try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look on my screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for taking the time to answer me.

I will finish, but thank you for answering me look at Kevin answer..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or try changing the Mercury Playback Engine GPU acceleration:

File / Project Settings / General...

Captura de pantalla 2018-03-29 a la(s) 15.49.13.png

Then change the acceleration to Software Only to test:

Captura de pantalla 2018-03-29 a la(s) 15.48.57.png

If not works fine, try with other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to answer me. For your question, I can tell you the following. I use two monitors. Video card is NVIDIA Geforce GTX 960. I shoot with 4k.  In the premiere pre I use the following resolutions 1920X 1080 or 2560 x 1440. I put Premiere Pro up to DV or HDV, both things work fine.

I will finish, but thank you for answering me Look at Kevin answer..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mich_2,

This happens if you do not use the Save As function as intended. That is, you should always change the name of the Project when using Save As. Do not use the same name as your original project and save over that original. If the original project is named "Toys Are Us," use Save As and call the new Project "Toys Are Us_01" and everything will function normally.

In standard practice, and as with other computer programs, Save As function is intended to be used to build up your back up files in case something goes wrong with your Auto Save function. Use Save instead of Save As for your intended function, which is merely to save the project.

All this said, you should not fail when using Save As as you do, so feel free to file this issue here: BUG: "Save As... " closes project – Adobe video & audio apps

Hope that helps explain this issue.

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. It was lovely on get an explanation of things happened as they did. I could wish that Adobe made it a little different so that I and others could also be used "Save as" without something happened once again thanks and the lass from here!.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines