• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CC 2018, Alt + backspace not working on first try.

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this is weird. If I have a selection and try Alt+backspace to fill, I get a beep notification, no error pop up or anything. If I press backspace again immediately, it works.

I basically have to double press backspace for it to work properly, plus I get an annoying beep. Any advice?

My keyboard is not the problem, I checked with both alt keys and with other keyboard.

I already closed Photoshop several times, the problem persists.

Ps. is there an "event listener" or something that can display what the beep is trying to tell?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Hi All,

This issue is resolved in Photoshop 19.0.1.

Please update Photoshop from Creative Cloud desktop app. If you do not see the update available, check for the update manually, From the Creative Cloud desktop app gear menu, choose Check for App Updates.

Check for App Updates

Thanks all for your patience.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a know problem, that Adobe knows about. When they fix it is another matter. For now, you just have to keep pressing twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great   Is that a cc 2018 issue ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This issue is resolved in Photoshop 19.0.1.

Please update Photoshop from Creative Cloud desktop app. If you do not see the update available, check for the update manually, From the Creative Cloud desktop app gear menu, choose Check for App Updates.

Check for App Updates

Thanks all for your patience.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this also on Windows 10 Photoshop CC 2018.  CC 2014 works correctly I suggest using CC 2014.

There are reported CC 2018 problems with the Alt key. Photoshop Family Customer Community

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe so, and I have a feeling it might be fixed pretty quickly, as there have been a lot of comments on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@andresl38083298 It's Not any photoshop bug or any version problem,

& there is no Need to update photoshop,

I also have same problem in my photoshop so after lots of struggle & research i found this solution.

Just set your windows language to  "English US"

Control Panel > Clock, language & Region > Language > Add English US OR Choose Make Primary Language.

Thats It 

do it & tell me It works or not... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My windows language  was never  set to anything else than English US, but still I had that bug. BUT:

Updating PS fixed it!!

I was skeptical at first, but the latest update really did fix that issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed all versions, but problem remaining same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines