• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot export book to JPEG

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using LR CC Classic 7.4 on Mac OS 10.11.6.

I am trying to export a book as JPEG.

Set up my book as JPEG in Book Settings and clicked on Export Book to JPEG ... I get an empty folder

Exporting to PDF works great.

What am I doing wrong?

Tks

Max

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

With the latest upgrade (actually with book module upgrade) and with the help of you guys I was able to fix my issue. Now I can build my albums with LR, save as JPG and use a local online app (which sucks) to print my albums.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless I'm not understanding your question, you cannot save a book as a JPEG. JPEG is not a multipage file format. You can save a book as a PDF, or you can send the book to Blurb to be published. But those are the options that I'm aware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can export a Book to JPG individual files, but certainly not "multipage" as Jim has mentioned.

In the 'Export' dialog you highlight a folder for the export location, and in the "Filename" field you type the name to give your JPGs.

Are your saved JPGs possibly going to another folder?

Do a search for the filename you defined.

ScreenShot098.jpg

ScreenShot099.jpg

ScreenShot100.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe if I had tried the book module I would know a little more about it. I haven't used it for creating books. In fact, I haven't created a book now for a couple of years. I used other software when I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to do EXACTLY this but I am not getting pics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you try to export one page to jpg? Can you post a screen shot of you export dialog window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture d’écran 2018-08-22 à 20.43.16.png

Here is a screen shot. Book type is JPEG, clicking n Export Book to JPEG and I get this dialog with one page selected (yellow in background)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure about the Mac dialog,  but-

De-select any pages (remove the yellow page highlight) by either clicking the mouse cursor on any part of the grey 'background' area, or keyboard shortcut  [Ctrl+D] in Windows, [Cmd+D] or [Cmd+Shift+A] in Mac.

With one page selected you are only exporting that ONE page.

Then click the [Export Book to JPG] button.

In your dialog I think you have the {Test} folder selected, and type a Name in the "Save As" field for the JPG name. The Export will add a Page-sequence number to each automatically. (eg.  Name Page1.jpg,  Name Page2.jpg, etc)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photos in the filmstrip do not represent the photos in the book. Choose the correct source. You can make a saved book collection. Each filmstrip thumbnail should show the number of times it is being used on the book pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe MarathonMax​ Is seeking to print the designed Book pages to JPG files.

It is easy (when done correctly )

One 'trick' is that you must NOT have any Page or Photo selected (showing the yellow highlight). If a Page is selected the {Export BOOK to JPG} will only save the ONE page.

So the method is-

1. In Book Settings: Set the Book: to JPG

2. De-select everything [Ctrl+D]  [Cmd+D]

3. Click on [Export BOOK to JPG]

4. Select a FOLDER for the files

5. Type a Name that will 'prefix' all the exported Page jpgs.

Capture6.PNG

Capture7.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the latest upgrade (actually with book module upgrade) and with the help of you guys I was able to fix my issue. Now I can build my albums with LR, save as JPG and use a local online app (which sucks) to print my albums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines