• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to change default location for catalog backup - permanently

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have changed the backup frequency to "every time Lightroom closes",  closed lightroom, specified a location on my D: drive (in order to keep the backup off the same drive as the actual catalog), created the backup.

When I restart lightroom and go to catalog settings, the new location is NOT listed as the default location - it's still the default on the C: drive.

I was under the impression that the default location would change to the D: drive and remain "sticky".  Do I really have to type out the path to the D: location each time I run a catalog backup?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Pat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are mixing up 2 things here.

What you see in the catalog settings is the location of your working catalog.

The location of the backup can only be seen in the backup dialog before the backup is running, while closing LR.

The path has only to be set once, it is sticky.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for clarifying!  Much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines