• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Alternative?

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been getting tired of dealing with bugs in Lightroom and Photoshop and not getting any support from adobe. My workflow can't afford wasting all of this time on errors. Adobe has completely lost sight of taking care of its customers. Does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives to Lightroom and Photoshop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re on an Adobe community forum, so this might not be the most opportune place to be asking to stop being an Adobe customer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking the same thing.  However, based on what I just read elsewhere in these forums, I think it's a valid question.

It seems that LR 6.14 is the last update to the standalone desktop program because Adobe is going to a completely subscription based system where we will be paying each month forever instead of being content with the same program that works for years.  If that is the case, it would be good to hear from others who use LR what they think would be good if they decide to not buy into that scheme.

For me, I had been very happy with iPhotos from a few years back and would have been fine using it for many years to come.  Then Apple changed iPhotos to a supposedly better version, which I didn't like but still used.  Then Apple changed to a water downed app-style program ridiculously called "Photo" and after that I spend a while looking for a program that could organize my 100,000s of photos as well as do simple editing.  I finally found Lightroom in September 2016 and have been very happy with it.  This new Adobe plan really bugs me because I am tired of tech companies forcing us to change our programs and apps simply because they think the new version is better even though the old version was absolutely fine.  I see this new subscription based plan forced on anyone who wants to continue using LR will result in constant unwanted changes (never mind the issues that go with relying on the cloud in general).

Whew-anyway, some suggestions from others who love LR like I do would be nice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trolls are back. Welcome, but I don't think a forum sponsored by Adobe is the best place to get recommendations for an alternative. May I recommend that you go to the Dpreview forums. That's where the Adobe discontents voice their opinions and I think you'll get your most objective recommendations there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Jim,

Thanks for the advice!  I'll check it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed!!!!!  I lost edited versions of raw files AND the original raw images today.  This happened twice in two weeks.   Im so pissed, Im ready to change out programs!!!!  WHAT THE HELL ADOBE!!!!!!!  I never had this problem until 6.14,  can I go back to an older version??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you lose the original Raw files? Lightroom does not touch them. The catalog merely records their location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I lost the LR originals.   They are still on my hard drive.  However,  I now will have to remove the whole folder of images and import again.  Not to mention edit AGAIN.  I have used LR 3, 4, jumped to 6 purchased version.   Never had a issue like this.  Im sick!!!!!   Editing takes long enough without losing the edited version and raw version in LR and have to start from scratch, culling, flagging, edit.  

On Thursday, September 20, 2018, 10:35:16 PM EDT, John Waller <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Lightroom Alternative?

created by John Waller in Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app - View the full discussion

How did you lose the original Raw files? Lightroom does not touch them. The catalog merely records their location.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10632703#10632703 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10632703#10632703

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines