• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images much more saturated when opened in PS from LR

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what has changed but when I open an image into PS from LR, the PS image is much more saturated than what it was in LR.  I haven't changed any of the color settings.  I just got a new computer and got my CC up on it.  Edited the other day and had no trouble between the two.  Now today, they look completely different.  I am very confused on what each should be at (LR and PS - Prophoto, Srgb, etc??).  Without making any changes, LR is set up as Prophoto but PS is Srgb.  Should I have them exactly the same?  Again, I didn't change anything and wasn't having these color issues the other day when I edited between LR and PS.  I know I sound like an idiot and feel like one too right now!!!  Help!!

8_22_18.jpg

8_22_18Edited.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

The Library module and the second window use different color spaces and methods of rendering image previews than the Develop module. To speed up the curation process inside the Library module, pre-rendered image previews are displayed. These previews are lossy compressed 8-bit JPEGs in Adobe RGB. Depending on the photo, some loss of image details and color differences might happen. Previews in the Library module and the second window are displayed using the Adobe RGB color space. In the Develop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amygo,

As the image is changing saturation between Photoshop and Lightroom, could you please let us know in which module are you view the image in Lightroom?

Do you see any difference when you view the image in Develop module and Library module in Lightroom?

Also, which image format are you working on?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was viewing/editing in the Develop module, but when I switched it to Library, the colors look normal again!  I'm confused!  I am working with raw files, saving as tifs.  I want to be able to see the true colors as I edit, so any idea what I need to do while in Develop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Library module and the second window use different color spaces and methods of rendering image previews than the Develop module. To speed up the curation process inside the Library module, pre-rendered image previews are displayed. These previews are lossy compressed 8-bit JPEGs in Adobe RGB. Depending on the photo, some loss of image details and color differences might happen. Previews in the Library module and the second window are displayed using the Adobe RGB color space. In the Develop module, by default, Lightroom displays previews using the ProPhoto RGB color space. These differences, sometimes, make images look different.

develop-library.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still confused.  The library module actually matches what I have in PS (the one I want).  The Develop module looks worse - hard to know what to edit if that is so off.  Which is the true one??  Also, if PS is using Srgb, should I switch my settings in LR to Srgb as well instead of prophoto? 

Thanks for the info!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would suggest you to calibrate you monitor and set sRGB IEC61966-2.1 color profile as default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines