• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Survey Mode

Participant ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be I could use survey mode and look at lets say 5 images. I could click and select individual images and flag them pick if I wanted. I noticed now if I don't X them out and get rid of them before I choose the P key to pick all images get flagged while in survey mode. What changed or what am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom? When I try this in LR Classic 7.5 it still sets the flag only on the 'most selected' photo, not on the other ones. Please note that this only works this way if you set Survey view on the main monitor. If you use Survey view on a second monitor and grid view on the main monitor, then all images will be flagged, because the main monitor determines how Lightroom behaves.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on 2 monitors but Lightroom is only open on one monitor. I don't have Lightroom open on both monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you have 'Auto Sync' switched on. See 'Metadata - Disable/Enable Auto Sync'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sync' metadata and Sync' Settings are both grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're generally greyed out when only one photo is selected. Do you have more than one selected?

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SeanMcCormack  wrote

They're generally greyed out when only one photo is selected. Do you have more than one selected?

If he hadn’t selected multiple images, then Survey mode would only show one photo. He’s looking in the wrong place however. It’s the ‘Metadata’ menu he should check, not the sync buttons.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/AZP+Photos  wrote

Sync' metadata and Sync' Settings are both grayed out.

That’s not what I said. You are looking in the wrong place. Go to the ‘Metadata - Enable Auto Sync’ menu. I’m pretty sure that menu is checked.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the answer...learned something new today!! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JohanEl54 When there's one photo selected in Grid, the buttons say Sync Metadata and Sync Settings and are greyed out. By selecting more photos the buttons become active. It only becomes Sync/Auto Sync in the other views (Loupe/Survey etc). The menu and the Auto Sync button are tied to each other.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SeanMcCormack  wrote

JohanEl54  When there's one photo selected in Grid, the buttons say Sync Metadata and Sync Settings and are greyed out. By selecting more photos the buttons become active. It only becomes Sync/Auto Sync in the other views (Loupe/Survey etc). The menu and the Auto Sync button are tied to each other.

Yes, you are right. They should be connected and it's strange that the OP complains about a problem involving multiple images in Survey View (which requires multiple images to be selected) and then says these buttons are disabled. Because I typed my answer on my iPad I could not check whether perhaps the Sync buttons get disabled in this mode (they don't). I just knew that the answer was in the menu because I already checked that earlier.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You were spot on anyway, Johan, we're not in a competition. I had to check myself to be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines