Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos in lightroom are not shown

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have the issue that a lot of picture files wont show up in Lightroom and I can't find out the reason for that.

I have 3 folders imported in LR. More and more photos are just vanashing from the db. They are inside the right folders as cr2 files... checked that

What I tried so far:

- Update the folder location: I get a number with missing photos. LR seems to recognize them but when the import is done (takes a while) the pictures still wont show up.

- Deleting inside LR and reimporting

- Checked if no filters at the bottom or top are active. nothing helps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

And yeah... that was the solution. As soon as I moved the catalogue-file out of OneDrive (other location didnt matter) everything worked fine. I guess the file or folder was not writeable anymore. Guess I will search the remaining files for other important stuff and remove it for good. Thanks for the help with System info. Would have never found it without you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have to be more specific, because your message is totally unclear. You say that photos are "just vanishing". Do you mean that the number of photos as shown for the 'All Photographs' collection is going down all by itself? If not, then what?

Update folder location: That just can't be right. 'Update Folder Location' is a way to tell Lightroom that a another folder is the one to use from now on (for example because you copied the folder to another disk). This has nothing to do with importing images, so I don't understand the "I get an number of missing photos" and "when the import is done". Do you perhaps mean that you used Synchronize Folder?

Deleting inside LR and reimporting. Deleting what? A folder? Images? If you deleted a folder, then how many images did Lightroom show for that folder just before you deleted it? Is that the correct number? How many photos does Lightroom show after you reimported that folder?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update folder location: Yes, you are right, I was talking about synchronizing folders, sorry.

Deleting inside LR and reimporting: Only some images were there to be seen. There fore I deleted images, tried to import them. I deleted whole folders, reimported them. Unfortunately that was not the solution. Still one some image were there (but still there when I opened the location using Explorer)

To make my problem a bit more lively: If I have about 150 pictures inside a folder only (fe) 10 are found by lightroom.

I also inserted a screenshot. As you can see LR detects 112 new photos. After finished synchronisation I still only have the 4 on the bottom side of the screen. As you can see no filters are active (bottom right).

Capture.PNG

About that vanishing... well... yeah... sometimes folders are just emptied like in the example above. I have no clue why it happens. No errors appear and I do different stuff before opening LR. So I cant see something that could be the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the first ten or so lines you get in the Help - System Info menu?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Sorry I havent given those infos beforehand. Didnt think it could depend on this:

Lightroom Classic version: 7.5 [ 1186149 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en

Operating system: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition

Version: 10.0.17134

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 12

Processor speed: 3.4 GHz

Built-in memory: 16325.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16325.0 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 1301.0 MB (7.9%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1439.5 MB

BUT I - thanks for the hint with help/sys info - I just through that system info. And I saw that there is a 'lightroom catalog-2.lrcat'. Strangely enough it seems to be located inside OneDrive which I deinstalled while application folder and settings folder are in other locations. I will try to set the catalog to another location

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And yeah... that was the solution. As soon as I moved the catalogue-file out of OneDrive (other location didnt matter) everything worked fine. I guess the file or folder was not writeable anymore. Guess I will search the remaining files for other important stuff and remove it for good. Thanks for the help with System info. Would have never found it without you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines