• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I LOST MY LUTS (colors) when I exported!

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help

I built a couple sequences and everything looks great.

When I go to export them the color is do do since the LUT didn't get applied to the exported file

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 10.00.15 PM.png

Shot from my program window in premier pro

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 10.00.39 PM.png

What the exported version looks like.... GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

(sorry I am frustrated)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

I deleted all of premier pro and export along with any preferences and anything in User Settings of my MacPro.

I then reloaded all the programs and all returned to normal.

I do expect a SMALL color shift on export but the above example was pretty bad for me.

Thanks all that pinged me directly

Below is the example final footage after export.

-David

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 12.16.22 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you viewing the export? By re-importing into PrPro, or looking at it in say QuickTime player?

To check quality you need to view in a color aware app on a properly color managed and calibrated screen.

For players that's VLC and Potplayer. Firefox incidentally is the only color aware browser.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted all of premier pro and export along with any preferences and anything in User Settings of my MacPro.

I then reloaded all the programs and all returned to normal.

I do expect a SMALL color shift on export but the above example was pretty bad for me.

Thanks all that pinged me directly

Below is the example final footage after export.

-David

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 12.16.22 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LUTS disappear from exports all the time, it's Premiere not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LUTs "disappearing" is in the vast majority of cases not accurate. The LUT was applied as shows when the media is re-imported into PrPro  ... it's there.

The normal problem is trying to view the exports on non-calibrated gear in non-color managed players and browsers. And then someone says the LUT wasn't applied. It was ... but they're viewing the export improperly.

There have been issues at times in queuing to Media Encoder where it didn't apply the LUT, and most of those cases are solved when storing LUTs in the correct spaces so both PrPro and Me "see" the LUT.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made sure that all LUTs and other supporting files were on the machine I was using and NOT on an External Hard drive.

Once I did that my disappearing LUT problem while exporting disappeared.

-Saunders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the 2018 versions (builds 12.x) ... they have a chart for locations in both Mac & PCs to put LUTs/Looks so that they appear in the browsing process both in the Basic tab drop-down and the Creative tab drop down. Those locations will be seen by both PrPro & Me, besides being right easy to get to within the apps.

Neil

Lumetri LUTs Looks Findable Locations.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines