Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

new Robohelp file extensions...

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2009 Mar 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I am using RoboHelp X5.0.1 & when I was checking some files back into source control, I noticed 6 new file extensions that had been checked out and have not checked back in.
I'm wondering if anyone knows what they are for and if they are important to keep in the project?

.hha
.trb
.trf
.trk
.trl
.trs

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks, in advance

Maxine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2009 Mar 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maxine.
Does your project contain ant AutoCad files or output because I suspect these files are related to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2009 Mar 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,
Thankyou for getting back to me - your question made me start thinking about what might be different in this help file & I remembered that when I updated the files this time, I added in some Image Maps to some of the main screen shots, so could these have caused these new file extensions?

many thanks for your help!

Maxine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think these files have anything to do with image maps maxine. To be honest I'm not a big user of image maps but I've gone back into one of my projects that uses them and I can't find these file extensions anywhere. Out of interest, do these files show up in the "Unused Files" report?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google ".trk" and it helpfully fills in ".trk file extension." Click the first search result and see the dozen-or-so uses of the file extension, none of which are related to RoboHelp (Garmin maps, Kermit scripts, WAV files, etc.).

Seems like your issue might be map images (directional maps, not hyperlink maps).

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2009 Mar 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Colum, I just ran the Unused files report - no they don't show up there - nor do they show up on the Used files report!! ?
Leon, I also did a google search & found similar references - I don't know - am at a bit of a loss, but they don't appear to be affecting my generated files at all, so I think I'll just leave them there.
thankyou all for your help!

regards
Maxine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maxine.

If the files were checked out but were not checked in after your updates, I guess you are right. Whatever was done during the edits removed any reference to these files. To be on the safe side, you could always use a find tool to search through all your source files for a reference to these new file extensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me again. I've had another thought which is dangerous for this time of the afternoon! If you check out the project, delete the projectname.cpd file, open and compile the project and then run the Unused Files report, do the new files show up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2009 Mar 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum, thankyou - I tried deleting the .cpd & recompiling then running the Unused Files report, but they still don't show up - will try the general search for the files & see if they show up!

regards
Maxine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2009 Mar 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see these extensions in a RH8 project. They contain various bits of information that can be read by opening them in a text editor.

Maybe the project has been opened in RH8.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2009 Apr 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi..i remembered having seen all the extensions somewhere...so i just played around and noticed that these files are generated temporarily during the time when a Webhelp is being generated.

After compiling the Robohelp webhelp you get a dialog with View Result | Publish | Done | Help...

Till such point as time as you click any one of these options, the files are available in your folder.

After clicking on any one of these buttons, the files will automatically be deleted.

So, I presume, you had added these files to ur source control before closing the "Generating Webhelp" dialog.

I hope this solution is helpful....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp