• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Transfer Presets to New Computer

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for some reason, even though my presets are in this folder, LR doesn't recognize them in the Develop module. I still can't get them to work with LR on my new computer. They worked fine on my old one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a recent update Adobe switched to using XMP files for presets. If your LRTEMPLATE files have a ~ in front of the name they will have been converted.

You may need to copy from the camera raw location on the old computer to the new computer. Are you on Windows or Mac OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to import your presets using button next to Presets in Develop Module and selecting Import Presets... ?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i sometimes work on my desktop but when im on the go i have to take my laptop why are my presets and actions not on both computers if adobe is cloud based?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You would normally use separate catalogs on desktop & laptop in Lightroom Classic, unless you share an external hard drive, with a single catalog, between computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines