• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

another brain-dead moron driving around town... yippee?

LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so when this thing runs over a couple of school kids, I wonder what the cover up story will be

The NSW government is going to trial autonomous buses in Coffs Harbour and Armidale

assuming it gets reported

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They need a virtual city and virtual environment to run these things and to check what the consequences could be before actually doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something I read couple of days ago about a spec for autonomous vehicles, is that it should have provision to pull over and stop if requested to do so by the cops.  I hadn't  thought of that.  I mean how would a driverless vehicle know it was supposed to stop for a cop, and how would it even work?  If it was done with tech, then there'd be a pirate version of the gizmo that made it happen on eBay a week later, and irresponsible people would be making robo-cars stop all over the place.  It would even be a little bit funny until one was stopped in the middle of a junction and hit by cross traffic.

But getting back to Graham's concerns, would an autonomous vehicle do overtakes like this?  There is some seriously bad driving in New Zealand.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12111300

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

But getting back to Graham's concerns, would an autonomous vehicle do overtakes like this?  There is some seriously bad driving in New Zealand.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12111300

the issue for me is the bus has kids in it so there is a senario where nobody can step in to fix an issue

and just fyi robot cars already get hacked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway  wrote

the issue for me is the bus has kids in it so there is a senario where nobody can step in to fix an issue

I can't imagine a school bus with no adult supervision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Peru+Bob  wrote

I can't imagine a school bus with no adult supervision.

You can't\imagine chaos?  

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/41/49/9e/41499e7500a8fc2cf6eca6e464bcb88c.jpg

Do they have collision avoidance sensors for _all_ eventualities ?

Image result for school bus chaos meme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines