• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print dialogue preview blurry with Photoshop 19.1

Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Photoshop 19.1, when I go to print on my Epson P5000, my print dialogue preview (command P) is blurry/fuzzy/out of focus looking.  It doesn't affect the print, which prints normally, but it is disconcerting, as it never did this before.  I haven't done any computer/printer driver/software updates, other than Photoshop 19.1.  Anyone know what's causing this and can it be rectified?  I keep thinking my eyes are going bad!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but inconsistently.  Sometimes the preview is fuzzy or pixelated, other times it is normal.  Very annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Could you please let us know which operating system are you working on?

Also, could you try resetting the preferences of Photoshop & let us know if it helps?Preferences in Photoshop

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset preferences, and it appears to have solved the problem.  I won't know for sure for a while, as the problem was not always present.  Thank you for your response.  I am running under Windows 10.

Edit:  Did not stay fixed - print preview is again blurry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Mac 10.12.6 (Sierra).  I just reset the preferences, but it's still happening.  I'm also noticing that when I reduce the size of an open window/image, the image reduces in size, but the window frame stays the same and doesn't reduce with the image. I have to then hit command - or command 0 to get the window to be the same size as the image. Enlarging the window size/frame works normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no solution by version 19.1.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same Problem with Windows 10 / ATI FirePro V4800 (FireGL V). Adobe support recommended an driver update for the graphic card to the newest version. But it has no effect, preferences reset has the same result.

In addition I installed cc 2017. This works fine, but this isn't the solution I want.

Version 19.1.0 works fine on my laptop (ASUS Zenbook, Windows 10).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional observation on this issue:  When the print dialog opens the preview image is less sharp that in previous versions, but selecting a different printer profile causes the image quality to degrade.  Reselecting the original profile does NOT restore the image preview quality.  I am running v.19.1.1 on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issues with 19.1.3 on Mac High Sierra

Open Print cmd + p and the image looks really blurry and out of focus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me on Win 10 - driver update and preferences reset made no difference. I am stuck on Photoshop 19.0 and paying for updates I can't use!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe Engineering,

It is extremely frustrating that as of 28 July this issue has not been resolved. A full 6 months since first reported, version 19.1.5 still has a blurry print preview. Running MacOS 10.12.6

Customers were promised that the subscription model would bring faster development and bug fixes, unfortunately for all of us it seems to have created a lot more bugs in the process. Please fix the bugs before giving us more 'updates' and 'improvements'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue still stands here. Although its not a huge feature, the problem is there and in previous version it did work properly.

I remember once reading about an internal dialog Adobe had with their engineers called JDI, (Just Do It) wonder if this has been dropped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening to my Photoshop Credit Card versions 19.1 forward.  VERY ANNOYING.

Parenthetically I've been using Adobe software for 30 years and every so often something like this happens and it eventually is solved by Adobe simply discontinuing the product.  Pagemaker.  Director.  Adobe Type Manager.  The list is long and distinguished.

Adobe, when are you discontinuing Photoshop?  That would resolve this issue.  Thanks for all your hard work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been waiting for this to be resolved since November last year - can an Adobe rep please give us some feedback regarding this issue? Or has it (and us) been silently ignored. You don't mind taking our money - I would have thought you would at least address your software's shortcomings in order to keep us parting with our money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dealing with this as well - Version 19.1.6...how has this still not been resolved...this is a major problem when dealing with complicated layout and resizing options for just about any kind of printing that I am doing for work (not that any other user not for pro-output should expect any less!) But if this was a vendor, an assistant, or a tech that I was paying and they weren't getting the job done--I wouldn't use them anymore! but this is PHOTOSHOP...come on - it's like the cable service providers - you have us all at a monopoly. Fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.

Tried regenerating Previews with Bridge and LR but no improvement in PS print dialog.

This is the kind of service you get from a Monopoly. We're captive clients.

This feels like it should be a simple fix to regenerate whatever preview file is needed for the dialog, but apparently Adobe feels it isn't important so haven't wasted their limited manpower on it.

That'll keep their bottom line nice and fat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Impressive. Almost 2 years on, and NO IMPROVEMENT. Thanks Adobe Engineering, really appreciate all the 'new features' added to Photoshop, while the bugs remain. Print preview had no issues for years, maybe even a decade. Now its broken and nobody wants to fix it. Really feeling like I'm getting value for my $675 a year I now spend on CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines