Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My 'general presets' have disappeared

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

my general presets folder in in the develop module has disappeared ie. the folder that had 'sharpen for scenic, sharpen for faces, punch'  etc..

its disappearance seems to have coincided with the last version update of my LR...  any help / advice is  appreciated, and thanks in advance -

Simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

[View this reply in your Web browser to see the screenshots]

my general presets folder in in the develop module has disappeared ie. the folder that had 'sharpen for scenic, sharpen for faces, punch'  etc..

Those presets are normally in the "Classic - General" group (LR now calls preset folders "groups"):

If you don't see "Classic - General", click on the + to the right of Presets and then click Manage Presets:

In the Manage Presets window, make sure "Classic - General" is checked:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi karpi,

We're really sorry to hear that. Is that happened right after the August'18 update? Could you please let us know the exact version of Lightroom you are using now?

Also, have you tried reinstalling the disappeared presets?

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

I'm using LR Classic CC, version 7.5.

I have not tried reinstalling missing presets. I don't know where to find them.. let me know where to get them and I will try.

thanks for help.. Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to above -  I cant say for sure the problem coincided with the last LR version update I did. But the problem has definitely occurred just recently.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[View this reply in your Web browser to see the screenshots]

Those presets are normally in the "Classic - General" group (LR now calls preset folders "groups"):

If you don't see "Classic - General", click on the + to the right of Presets and then click Manage Presets:

In the Manage Presets window, make sure "Classic - General" is checked:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it, problem fixed... thanks for help !

regards Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out that Adobe changed LR 7.5 to hide the "Classic" presets by default but neglected to document this in the release notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem so thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines