White band along bottom of screen

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently updated LR CLassic cc to latest

Lightroom Classic version: 7.5 [ 1186149 ]

License: Creative Cloud.

Since doing that a white band has appeared along bottom of my screen. It partially covers the filmstrip images.

How do I get rid of it please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Thanks to you all for the help.

My graphics was turned off already.

However I have turned it on, restarted, still there, then turned it off, and restarted, still there, then turned everything off, closed down, turned on again, and now it seems to have gone.

So once again, thank you all,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brians101,

Sorry that you're getting a white band along the bottom of the screen in Lightroom Classic CC 7.5.

Could you please post a screenshot of what it looks like? Also, which screen mode in Lightroom are you working in?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it si. Sorry I did try before, but for some reason it wouldn't accept. Said didn't accept that format.

Anyway here it is.

Thank you.

LR prob.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close all programs, Restart your computer, see if there are any updates for the graphics card in your system. Once you restart and update GPU drivers open LR and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps. Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor". Then restart Lightroom and check.

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As JustShootMe and AxelMatt have rightly mentioned, it seems like an issue related to graphics card drivers. Please restart your computer and check for GPU drivers updates.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to you all for the help.

My graphics was turned off already.

However I have turned it on, restarted, still there, then turned it off, and restarted, still there, then turned everything off, closed down, turned on again, and now it seems to have gone.

So once again, thank you all,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. Glad to know things are back to working again

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it keeps happening and I have to reat the whole shutdown procedure??? Any more ideas please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a graphics subsystem problem. Graphic card, ram on the card or it could be overheating.

When was the last time you cleaned the dust out of your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sucked the dust out of the cabinet vents only a month or 2 ago.

Will look more into that possibility though. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, a restart of my computer solved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines