Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't import audio

Sep 08, 2008 Sep 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to add audio to a slide with Presenter, I get an error message every time. Also audio that is in the original PowerPoint slide won't play in the published presentation. HELP. sorry, I'm a bit frustrated......
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you importing audio to your slide? Are you importing using the Adobe Presenter->Import Audio menu? If yes then what is the error message that you see?

Coming to your 2nd problem. Is your presentation in PPT or PPTX format? Audio inserted through Powerpoint does not play in published output if it is a PPTX presentation. But it plays for PPT presentations. So you can first convert you presentation to PPT format, then insert audio through powerpoint and then publish. Audio will play in the published presentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to import audio you have already inserted using PowerPoint then there is an option(button) in Import Audio window "Import from Presentation " which will import that audio automatically and it works for both PPT and PPTX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2008 Sep 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want audio in your published presenter piece DO NOT use the PPT insert media options. This creates a local file path that will be lost when the presentation is published. PPTX files will support inserted audio in the formats of PCM-WAV and MP3 only. Use the insert audio tool in the Presenter menu to bring these files into your presentation.

Jorma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 15, 2008 Sep 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, for what it's worth...

Recently, after publishing a few of these presentations myself, I came across a particularly wierd situtation which has affected audio imports and publishing.

We typically use professionally recorded audio that comes from a vendor. In most cases, .wav files are used to keep it the sound as clean as possible, but there are times when we'll get a batch of mp3s. However, while attempting to import a bunch of .wav files last week, I noticed that ALL of the .wav files were rejected.

The problem was the manner in which the audio files were generated. Before I continue, let me also state that I'm not an audio engineer...so what I'm about to suggest came directly from a vendor that we've used to create our audio files....

To begin, I received wav files that were set to 16 x 44; that basically means that we had sampled 16bits of data set to a sampling rate of 44 kiloHertz...that translates into a ton of information per second.

When I tried playing the audio files using iTunes and Windows Media Player, the audio files would not play and my first thought was that the files were corrupt.

They weren't.

The solution was to lower the sampling and reset the compression down to 16 x 22; once that happened, the audio imported correctly and even after publishing, everything played back as expected. I realize that not everyone has access to professional audio editors; but in a pinch, I've used Audacity to open the raw wav files and export to the 16 x 22 sampling rate...not exactly the most direct fix, but it did work.

I'm not sure this addresses abs72's problem, but thought I'd share what I recently discovered.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2008 Oct 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s very useful, Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2009 Mar 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having importing my mp3 files. I am getting an unsupported format or corrupt file. The files work fine when I listen to them and when I created them. But I can seem to attach them. Any thoughts of what the issue is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2009 Mar 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am having importing my mp3 files. I am getting an unsupported format or corrupt file. The files work fine when I listen to them and when I created them. But I can seem to attach them. Any thoughts of what the issue is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources