Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncronisation of "Likes" between web and desktop versions

Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I use Lightroom CC Desktop to sort my images and publish collections to the web, sending a link to my client.

Then I wait for my clients to "Like" the images they need.

Normally the likes and comments show up against the relevant collection in my desktop version as little yellow boxes.

I can then, on my desktop version, switch to "Sort 'by last comment time'" and see all the liked/commented images in order.

But this only works 90% of the time, sometimes against the collection name, I can't see that comment and likes have been made even though as I scroll through I can see the comments in the Comments Box bottom right. Also if I go to the web version of Lightroom CC I can see the comments there.

I have tried closing the Ap and rebooting but the fact that comments have been made does not show up.

I have also tried unsyncing and resyncing but all that happens is a new web gallery is started with a different address and everything is lost.

Is there any way that I can reattach the web gallery to the collection so the comments show up ?

Without deleting everything

Thanks in advance

Jonathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

I don't think there's any limit or quota here. 

You could file a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community . But I suspect that Adobe is not investing much more effort into fixing bugs with sync between LR Classic and LR CC.  They made clear last fall they weren't going to add more features to LR Classic sync, and the addition of the Rebuild Sync Data button indicates they aren't willing or able to track down and fix the harder sy

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to Preferences > Lightroom Sync, holding down Alt / Opt, and clicking the Rebuild Sync Data button that magically appears.  This should not change your existing synced collections or their contents, just rebuild the existing relationship between LR Classic and LR CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Thanks so much for taking the trouble to answer this. I tried your suggestion and yes the magic button did appear. I clicked the button and everything rebuilt. It did solve a few other sync errors that were showing but it hasn't corrected the problem which is that comments and likes are not showing as having been made in the little yellow box next to the collection. I can see the comments in the desktop Library view but they cant be filtered into "Last Comment Time". Other galleries that I have done are OK.

Could it be I have exceeded some quota somewhere or could there be another solution ?

Thanks

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there's any limit or quota here. 

You could file a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community . But I suspect that Adobe is not investing much more effort into fixing bugs with sync between LR Classic and LR CC.  They made clear last fall they weren't going to add more features to LR Classic sync, and the addition of the Rebuild Sync Data button indicates they aren't willing or able to track down and fix the harder sync bugs -- such "rebuild" commands are quick hacks to workaround the bugs.

As a workaround, you could use my Any Comment plugin, which lets you search and sort photos by last comment time across multiple collections and publish services / sync.  Unfortunately, limitations in LR make the plugin a little inconvenient to use, but it might help your situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Thanks for the information. I have installed the "Any Comment" plug in and its visible and its listed as installed and running but it doesn't show up in "Plug in extras" like my search and replace plugin. So I haven't been able to use it.

Anyway I'm still having problems. Some of the windows in lightroom desktop show that there is a Comment and Like in the bottom right information window but do not have the "comment" yellow or grey when read symbol on the actual thumbnail so its really difficult to sort them.

Realise you have probably;y not encountered this before but I thought I would flag it up in case anyone else has the same issue.

Thanks

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Re Any Comment, I'll send you a private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines