• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving folders in lightrom Classic CC doesn't complete

Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I archive images from my main drive to an external in LR using the usual process of dragging folders to the drive from within LR. Lately, these moves do not complete. The files and folder move fine, but the progress bar stops at the end and never finishes. The image shows what happens. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks.Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 10.11.39 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Photos on an SSD has no effect on the speed of the develop module, or anywhere else in Lightroom, except for a trivial amount that you won't notice.

Putting photos on an internal SSD and then moving them later is just extra work with no benefit.

here's another recent thread with a similar problem, and in there it is discussed (in reply #10) how putting photos on SSDs doesn't provide speed benefits in Lightroom. Moving Folder Not Finishing

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Lightroom CC — The cloud-based photo service to Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are many reports of bugs when moving photos from one drive to another within Lightroom.

A better method is to move the photos using your operating system and then reconnect in Lightroom. See the instructions at: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

An even better method is to put the photos on the external drive straight out of the camera, and then there's no work of moving the photos at a later time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I'm running an SSD in the main machine and I like to have the speed for anything on a current job. It used to work just fine until recently. I cannot figure out what's changed, unless it's something that got "updated" in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with  dj_paige . Even that your system should work, I find it quite complex.

Tinger17  wrote

I cannot figure out what's changed, unless it's something that got "updated" in CC.

It may also be an update in your OS. But for sure, it sounds like a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photos on an SSD has no effect on the speed of the develop module, or anywhere else in Lightroom, except for a trivial amount that you won't notice.

Putting photos on an internal SSD and then moving them later is just extra work with no benefit.

here's another recent thread with a similar problem, and in there it is discussed (in reply #10) how putting photos on SSDs doesn't provide speed benefits in Lightroom. Moving Folder Not Finishing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll check it out. But I still want to know what's changed in my system. That SHOULD work. It's also not a function of how many files are in the folder being moved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tinger17  wrote

That SHOULD work.

Yes!

If you feel it is a bug, feel free to report it as this:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/send-bug-report-feature-request-adobe/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tinger17  wrote

Thanks. I'll check it out. But I still want to know what's changed in my system. That SHOULD work. It's also not a function of how many files are in the folder being moved.

Yes it should work. And maybe nothing changed. Maybe the bug has always been there and it appears in some situations and not others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much free space do you have on the external drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.37 TB We're talking about folders of 100-200 raw files.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines