• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash when I get a phone call

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use my bose noise cancelling headphones while I edit, and I also have my mobile device connected to my computer.
When I get a phone call, premiere pauses the audio while the phone rings. Premiere will no longer play audio after that.  And I can no longer scrub through the timeline.
I try turning my headphones on and off, and I go into the premiere audio settings and disconnect the headphones, and reconnect them. I go into my computer's audio settings and disconnect and reconnect them, but that doesn't work.
The only way to get it to work again is if I restart premiere. This didn't happen until the new update.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere interfaces directly with your computer's speakers / monitors with speakers / headphones / whatevers.

How exactly did you "connect" your phone to your computer?

It just sounds like you're throwing a wrench into the works by putting your phone into the list of audio devices... and having it appear and disappear. I'm not sure what you've done, but clearly it's bad news bears.

Can't you just pause playback in Premiere manually? Do you really need it to do that for you when you get a phone call?

Can't you just... use your phone like a normal phone, rather than connecting it through your computer? It's not like you're driving a car and you need a hands-free experience.

Actually, if you are driving and editing video at the same time, color me impressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I need to have the headphones connected directly to my computer before I can connect them with Premiere.

Im using an iMac pro, and it automatically connected to my phone... which is helpful with messages because I can type out texts to people when I’m working, etc.

And to be clear, I don’t want premiere to pause playback. It just does it on It’s own.

The simple solution would be adjusting my computer’s phone settings so that its not connected with my computer.

I guess I was wondering if there was an alternative solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a LAN network app that lets you connect your refrigerator to your phone and computer and headphones, so that when the phone rings your refrigerator answers for you saying, " Hello ! Thanks for calling ! Domp will be with you in '5-4-3-2-1'..." The refrigerator then sends an electric shock through your headphones, and you respond with, " AAAAAAA, HELLO ? HELLO?"

Then you simply explain, if asked, that your personal secretary, the refrigerator, has been fielding calls so you can stay focused on your editing for a few seconds more when the phone rings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I need to have the headphones connected directly to my computer before I can connect them with Premiere.

The best (proper?) set up is to plug a set of speakers into the analog or digital audio output from the motherboard or installed sound card, then plug your headphones into the headphone jack on the speakers.

This works pretty flawlessly.

Other setups...may not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that’s what I do when im at home.

But in my office and traveling I use the bluetooth

headphones and that wouldn’t apply.

its not a huge deal, but this didn’t happen with any previous versions of premiere. Just the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the bluetooth headphones and that wouldn’t apply.

I'm suggesting it always applies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a good portable solution? The speakers would need to transmit a bluetooth signal right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines