• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Version 7.5 [Unable to transfer photos from LR to DxO PhotoLab after upgrading to LR 7.5]

Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Lightroom Classic CC Version 7.5. I use DXO PhotoLab (PL) as  raw converter. After installing 7.5 I tried to send several files to PL via File/Plugin Extras/Transfer to DXO PhotoLab.. I got and error message "An internal error has occurred: ?:0: attempt to index field '_pathForFolder' (a nil value)" I tried rebooting, uninstalling and reinstalling PL and got the same message. Finally I reverted to Version 7.4. Problem solved. So there appears to be a glitch in Version 7.5 for the path File/Plugin Extras/Transfer to DXO PhotoLab.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this discussion on the DxO PhotoLab forum:

Export to DxO broken after update to LR 7.5 - DxO PhotoLab - DxO Forums

Seems that LR 7.5 has moved the Presets folder. There's a workaround posted by Pat91 at the link above until DxO issues a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem was caused by a sloppy programming bug introduced in LR 7.5: Lightroom SDK: LrApplication.developPresetFolders() returns buggy fake folders | Photoshop Family Cu...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John and John for your replies. Just curious...If it was a bug introduced in LR 7.5 why is DXO issuing a fix? It would seem that the fix should come from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if DxO need to issue a fix. That was mentioned on the DxO forum based on their assumption that the Presets folder has moved.

Doesnā€˜t look like thatā€™s the root cause.

Since the real issue is an LR bug, then the fix needs to come from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it was a bug introduced in LR 7.5 why is DXO issuing a fix? It would seem that the fix should come from Adobe.

Adobe has already acknowledged the bug and said it would be fixed in the next release, which will likely be 8 weeks from now. (Adobe only accelerates releases for the most urgent of bugs.)  I can't speak for DxO, but I'd guess they'll want to release a new version of their plugin that works around the bug so that their customers don't have to wait. (The workaround is very simple.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines