• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Impossible to use the map

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the last update I can't pick my photos on the map for geotagging.

Is there a solution?

Luca

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Everyone with Map issues in 7.5 should add details of their issue to this bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Placing photos on Map module erratic and slow since update LR Classic CC 7.5 (Windows) | Photoshop Family Customer Commu… . Be sure to copy/paste the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Also, click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. This will make it more likely that Adobe will devote some attention to the problem, and you'll be notified when t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is often caused by changes at Google. You may be using an older product which can no longer be updated.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom/kb/map-view-no-longer-supported.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. After today's update to Lightroom Classic CC Version 7.5 geotagging is not working anymore.

It worked well just before the update. Pictures that already have a geotag can be moved on the map but pictures without geotag cannot be added (using drag and drop to position them on the map is not working).

Adding coordinates manually (by typing / copying them in) works and pictures are show on the map afterwards. It seems it is only the drag and drop functionality that isn't working anymore since the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be working OK for me in v7.5, but it is a bit temperamental. I usually have to drag the slider to significantly enlarge the map area. Sometimes drag & drop works first time but other times it takes a couple of attempts. But the thumbnails in the filmstrip then get the GPS icon and the metadata shows the co-ordinates of where the images were dropped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer!

Here it was not working independent of the zoom level. Thumbnails did not get the GPS icon. I now went back to v7.4 and it is working again as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't replicate this issue on Lightroom 7.5 with Windows 10 Home Premium. Mapping works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been several reports about the Map user interface acting up in LR 7.5.  At least one person solved the problem by casting the magic spell: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Even tried to delete the preferences. But did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone with Map issues in 7.5 should add details of their issue to this bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Placing photos on Map module erratic and slow since update LR Classic CC 7.5 (Windows) | Photoshop F... . Be sure to copy/paste the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Also, click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. This will make it more likely that Adobe will devote some attention to the problem, and you'll be notified when the problem's status changes.

(Adobe product developers read everything posted in that forum and sometimes participate, while they are rarely seen in this forum.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this not the adobe support community? But I did leave a post. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This forum is primarily user-to-user with some participation by Adobe low-level customer support.  Adobe wants all product feedback, bug reports, and feature suggestions posted in another forum, the official Adobe feedback forum.  Adobe product developers read everything posted in that forum and sometimes reply but rarely participate here.   See Which forum should I post to? (Feedback vs Forums) .

This is the way Adobe has set things up -- obviously not ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines