Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR mobile upload stuck (pending)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have 281 Photos on my Iphone, in LR Mobile that will not finish uploading to Adobe CC. I successfully uploaded & downloaded 175 others (in the same catalog) onto my PC from my phone, but the other 281 have stopped uploading. It has said "Pending" for weeks now. I have updated (mobile & desktop), restarted, logged in & out to no avail. I can also see on my PC that 281 files are "dowloading" but nothing ever changes. I'm not sure if the problem is with the upload (mobile) or download (PC). Maybe there is a way to re-fresh, or cancel & restart the sync? I would like to get the rest of the photos from my phone onto my PC, someone please help!

Photo 12-6-17, 9 18 38 PM.png

Capture.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been having the same problem for months now, and I can’t figure it out either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try the Lr CC mobile version 3.1 which we released to the app store a couple of days ago. We provided a fix which most probably could solve your issue. Let me know if it helps. - Guido/ Lr Mobile QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr Mobile and Desktop are both up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is up-to-date and it still reads "pending." Is there a way to cancel the download and restart?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd try starting fresh from ground zero:

• Close the Mobile app then turn your device off
  • Close the Browser if Lr Web is open
  • Close Lr Desktop if running
  • Shut down (not restart) your computer
  • Restart your computer (don't open Lr desktop yet)
  • Restart your device (mobile)
  • Open Lr on your device
  • Run Lr Desktop
  • Check the syncing issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortinatly I’ve tried all of this. The only reason I can think of that this issue occurred is that I uploaded all these photos to my phone while I was in Costa Rica (without service aka no updates) and before the new mobile app. When I got back the new app has been released, So maybe when the app changed it messed up the sync? But there still should be a way to fix it, because I really don’t want to have to re-edit all those photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you send us a Lr Mobile diagnostic log in case you still have a stuck upload. A Lr Mobile diagnostic log can be triggered when you  open up the  Lr Mobile settings via the top left Lr-icon and  then navigate in to the Help&Support section and long-tab "Access our Support Forum"-entry and a  diagnostic log will be generated and attached to your local mail client. Hope this helps to get a clue about your issue. -Guido/ LrMobile QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact problem:

"LR mobile upload stuck (pending)"

I tried all of your suggestions, still the same problem. This just started failing on Feb 21. On Feb 17 my photos uploaded automatically from LR mobile to LR desktop, no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cloud sync is such a terrible way to transfer large amounts of photos . I wish there was a LAN sync option...

I am having the same problem. Anyone solved this already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

June 2019 and this is still an issue. I will keep reading to see if there is a solution, but very irritation, to the point, if there was an alternative.....

Had this issue in Haiti when I was there shooting and now in Utah.... this was suppose to be a mobile solution, Nikon D850 with iPad Pro 2018 and LR.... Not working out.

V 4.3.1 D38580

iPad 2018

iOS version 12.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that was FUN - NOT

Adobe Chat support.

> Check lightroom.adobe.com and see if there are errors

Yes there are

> you need to delete them from there to resync

It is warning me that it will deleted them from all devices are you sure

>it will not delete a local copy

>>>>>disconnected  from chat

Delete (one of 899 errors)

YES THEY ARE DELETED FROM LIGHTROOM MOBILE !!!!!!! PHOTO GONE!

#uselesssupport

I will QUOTE the support (this is not a typo) “if the images are stored on a hard desk like I pad storage then no image will be deleted.\”

To be clear, yes that is HARD DESK ??? And i (space) pad, and YES as soon as I selected the file on the web it QUICKLY deleted it from LR Mobile.

HOW MUCH am I PAYING to 1TB of cloud starage that I can not get photos to

The DESTRUCTIVE Delete is working GREAT !!! The constructive sync is not..... OMG this is so bad PHOTO and Photo RAW might get my business soon......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR CC Sync issue

After Adobe support instructed me to delete sync errors from Lightroom.adobe.com and have me LOOSE DATA from the iPad I decided that I would not rely on what is obviously a support channel that is not up to my standard.

Issue;

In field and taking photos on Nikon D850 and USB-C uploading to LR CC on iPad Pro 2018

1000+ photos on iPad and 80% ended up with a Sync Error.

Adobe support; Delete the Sync Errors from the cloud (which QUICKLY, promptly, and effectively deletes the original from LR CC on the iPad). No sync issue, and NO PHOTO!!!

Work around;

Ignor until you are on reliable WiFi with greater than 50mb/s and not heavily loaded.

What I believe to be the issue

It seems that the Cloud Sync is not using any type of error recovery or reliable transport on the IP Network. If there is ANY error in the transmission, there is not a recovery, but, the sync error. It seems that the application dumps with no checking to the cloud, and if the file is corrupt, it will try again, but not 'recover' the error. The result is on non-reliable Internet that has heavy usage, and is probably 'discarding packets' the photos are corrupt on transmission, thus Sync issue.

LR CC will continue to send the data, thus further 'clogging' the un-reliable internet connection, compounding the issue.

Results

I had 1000+ photos with Sync errors, I stopped (PAUSE) the iPad from syncing to the cloud, and continued to download photos to the iPad. When I returned from the trip, I had 2000+ photos total on the iPad, and resumed Sync at my house. First the new, non-Sync Error Photos went to the cloud, then over then next few hours, all of the previous Sync Errors (Except for the ones that Adobe support had me delete, they are GONE), resolved, and uploaded to the cloud.

This is VERY subpar as I wanted in the field to cloud back up the photos, and it appears from now 3 trips and same issue, that Adobe Lightroom CC for iPad can not perform sync over lower quality internet connections.

Other Notes

iPhoto did sync to Apple Cloud from the iPad and down to the iPhone fine over the unreliable internet that LR CC could not. This is an issue with Adobe's Software and how it performs transmission error correction.

Adobe support DID reach out to arrange 1:1 support, but as this requires 24-48 hours pre-arranged time, the issue resolved before I could engage them. The 'delete from the cloud to resolve' was a CHAT session while on the remote photo shoot.

Conclusion

With iOS 12 you need to upload photos to PHOTO (Apple's app) then import to LR CC. The PHOTO app will have a copy, and does sync to APPLE Cloud successfully on low quality internet where Adobe CC can not. They 'BACKUP' can be achieved via APPLE, and pause SYNC until you're on quality internet.

iOS 13 is to introduce direct reading into Adobe LR CC without using PHOTO, at this time I would not recommend moving to this, as there is no backup (unless this is resolved)

The term "Lower quality" internet I am using is a loose, non-technical expression. What I believe is happening is that when the WiFi connections (now usually 100's of mb/s) connect to rural lower speed internet, there is packet loss. This is NORMAL for IP, and TCP will slow down (reduce window size) to insure packets get through. I have not done a packet trace (yet) on this to see if it is UDP or TCP, and if it is a transmission issue (IP) or if a simple pack re-order issue can cause the issue.

Hope this helps others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do they appear when you log into:

Photo Editor | Online Photoshop Lightroom

or are there just grey squares?

if they are just grey, maybe you could try deleting one and see if Sync for that one is kicked off again and the number reduces to 280?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just grey squares.

I have tried deleting/adding new photos to the collection, however the number just goes up/down correspondingly without any effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem on my iPad Pro.  Is there a solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you send us a Lr Mobile diagnostic log in case you still have a stuck upload. A Lr Mobile diagnostic log can be triggered when you  open up the  Lr Mobile settings via the top left Lr-icon and  then navigate in to the Help&Support section and long-tab "Access our Support Forum"-entry and a  diagnostic log will be generated and attached to your local mail client. Hope this helps to get a clue about your issue. -Guido/ LrMobile QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We tried this but the diagnostic log is huge and my email client on my iPad won't send it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - also, the sync did start to move forward last night after I spent time with the support engineer. It went from 2500 photos last night to 2150 this morning - so it's going, but very slowly. Is there an issue with the cloud servers? Can you check on your side?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here - any solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as well - any further ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here! I also uploaded the Photos while I was travelling without internet access, so I guess Its related to that... Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, Xiaomi redmi 4x. Please solve it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME issue with my light room on HUAWEI P20 lite... I can't access any of my images! Becouse of the "upload pending"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, all photos after 26th April are "stuck" - Android 8,lg g6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines