• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Different color at export, color profile, Color space!?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, first of all I wanna tell you guys that I kinda know what I'm talking about trying to fix this for more than 1 day now, doing non stop research and trying to fix  or the main problem, here we go.

Five days ago I have calibrated my monitor IPS with x rite i1 display pro, I have done all the steps, indeed there was some orange light in my room couldn't make it all dark, but I have checked the tab where it.

Now in color management I have  the ICC profile it's checked made a default profile, I have also checked use my settings for this device ( the IPS monitor)

The main problem I have is that in LR and Photoshop I'm editing a photo (RAW shot with canon 5d mark II) then when I export it, most of my reds turns orange, Export settings ( .jpn 12 mgps 300 Pixels

sRGB, I know that LR develop uses Prophoto RGB but it's to much of a difference and this is red to orange now some dark areas or white)

Even if I export in Prophoto RGB same the photo would be more orange so I thought it might be a LR problem.

Went in Photoshop edit it there since I can set my work color space  to sRGB  ( color space under Edit > Color Settings)

Exported under same settings as before, in sRGB again some problem, then after hours of trying to find a fix, I went back in photoshop and changed my work color space into the one the i1 display pro made (ICC profile) and randomply placed reds around the photo when I exported it with the same settings but this time in the color space of my i1 display pro..

everything that was red  turned orange.

The exported picture from LR that was orange when I placed it in photoshop just to edit it it look exacly like in LR develop and that's what I'm trying to do to see the photo as it is develop when I export it.

I'm using windows 10 photo viewer I also downloaded faststone photo viewer and pro photo viewer same thing, all the photos are orange "ish" That's a screenshot left Screenshot_1.png

side is in LR develop, right is the exported photo.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

To test my understanding, you've calibrated your display. While editing, you see consistent colors in LR and PS, but when you view exported photos in Windows 10 "photo viewer" and in Faststone, the colors don't match what you see in LR.

These symptoms typically indicate you're viewing the exported photos in an app that isn't color managed (i.e. that doesn't use the color profile assigned to the display by calibration). Neither of the apps you're using are fully color-managed.

Though Faststone has

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To test my understanding, you've calibrated your display. While editing, you see consistent colors in LR and PS, but when you view exported photos in Windows 10 "photo viewer" and in Faststone, the colors don't match what you see in LR.

These symptoms typically indicate you're viewing the exported photos in an app that isn't color managed (i.e. that doesn't use the color profile assigned to the display by calibration). Neither of the apps you're using are fully color-managed.

Though Faststone has color management, many believe it is only partially color-managed -- it uses the color profiles stored within photos but ignores the color profile assigned to your display by the calibrator: FastStone - incorrect display of pictures: Retouching Forum: Digital Photography Review 

And on Windows 10, when you say "photo viewer", most likely you're using the Windows 10 Photos app, not the Windows Photo Viewer from Windows 7 and 8.   The Windows 10 Photos app is not fully color-managed.

If you want to triple-check your exported photos' color with a third program, you could use Adobe Bridge or Irfanview (but I think you have to explicitly enable full color-management).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have researched  and you are right for example  I have uploaded the picture on a site, opera sees my picture as bad as windows app, but Chrome and Firefox see it and LR/PS.

Now I have installed Picasa 3 , and I can finally see my picture as it is in LR/PS.

Tried Irfanview  it gives me the same colors as, Faststone Windows 10 photos app, ADCSee, Fastpicture viewer proffesional.

Downloaded Adobe Bridge CC, I can see my pictures as in LR/PS same color everything is fine.

So my monitor and calibrations are fine? I had just a bad luck with programs and windows 10 lame errors from what I have read in other forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So my monitor and calibrations are fine? I had just a bad luck with programs and windows 10 lame errors from what I have read in other forums?

Yes, it sounds like the issue was using non-color-managed apps to view the photos.  Over the years Microsoft has been schizoid about fully supporting color management, with some apps supporting it and many not, depending on which version of the app and Windows.

Re Ifranview, I think you have to download a plugin and explicitly enable color management, which is off by default: Re: Colour Change Bridge > Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines