• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help - PC Premiere Pro won't ingest some Canon M50 4k videos

Participant ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something bizarre is going on and I where the failure is taking place...

I'm running the latest Premiere on a fairly fast PC with a relatively new Win10 install. 

I have a bunch of 4k vids that won't important into Premiere. I shot these with the new Canon M50.  Earlier (smaller) vids worked just fine...but suddenly these newly shot vids do not (larger in size). When I import them, Premiere imports the audio track only. The video part is there, though, as I can see it in VLC, Media Player, and other programs....

I uploaded one of my vids to OneDrive (it's huge at 2.8gb though). Anyone know what's happening? I probably have 20+ vids that are useless to me. Any ideas? I'd be really appreciative    https://1drv.ms/v/s!As-WTlcyNuWiwK0DkVP3m-yWr6SPFA

----------As a side note, I discovered something really weird a few weeks back when I first began shooting and importing Canon M50 vids -- I can't explain it.

This problem only seems to apply to *large* vids (2gb and more maybe).

- If I use Explorer to copy the vids directly off the camera, Windows reports them as 0k files....and there's nothing there.

- If I use Canon's EOS Utility (designed, among other things) to copy vids and photos from Canon cams), the full video appears to be copying completely (which is what I did in the above problem).

- I have not tried pulling the vids directly off the card with a card reader (which I don't have), but I may try that next.

It doesn't make sense that copying a file directly from the camera using Explorer would result in a 0k video....

Anyway --- I have a working vid on my harddrive (see link) but Premiere only sees the video.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

OK....resolved....I had to totally reinstalled Premiere.  The world is beautiful now

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend you try this

Go to Edit> Preferences> Media and remove the checkbox before the element: enable Intel h.264 decoding (requires reboot), or (12.1.2) Enable hardware accelerated decoding

Then re-import the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trying now...back after a reboot    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

juanmario​  No effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your video has nothing, I could import it without problems.

However, for its comment and the strange behavior of Windows would give the appearance of the presence of viruses.

I would recommend a scan of the operating system and the card to rule out this possibility.

Malwarebytes for Windows - Antivirus Replacement for PCs | Malwarebytes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you could import my vid into Premiere with no difficulties?  On a PC?

hmm....must be some weird codec issue.  grrr....thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK....resolved....I had to totally reinstalled Premiere.  The world is beautiful now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad you could have solved it,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines