• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2018 constantly crashing minutes after opening a project.

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a short overview of the problem.

I was currently working on my Dell laptop, editing a video for school (I'm on free trial because I can't afford Adobe products) when suddenly Premiere Pro CC 2018 decides to freeze and crash. It gave me the error report and I chose to send the crash report. I thought it was a one time thing so I restarted the software. It happened again, and again, and again, and again. I'm now writing this discussion post on my computer where at the same time I'm editing my video which was due two hours ago (thanks a lot premiere pro). The same issue still happens here!

I used to work with a Lenovo Yoga 2 and this never happened. When I hit the 3-minute mark on the timeline, that's when everything started breaking down. I edited a 10-minute video on that Lenovo and it had 10GB of space left.

Is there a fix to these crashes? I'm too irritated and tired to look for one, considering I have a big amount of work piled on top of me.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am on Linux at the minute so I cant check but I remember having a similar problem in the past.

In premier pro > settings is there an option to turn on/off GPU acceleration?

Try adjusting this if there is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What are the Dell specs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines