• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attributes filter always resets automatically.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something that constantly bothers me in Lightroom Classic is that the attributes filter always forgets my settings. E.g. when I open a new folder I have to set the attributes repeatedly. Is there a way to keep the attributes set? Also, during export the attribute filter does not stay activated. Is this a bug or a feature?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Click the Lock Icon all the way to the right in the Filter Bar. But remember you set the lock. Otherwise you will be back asking why you can't see all you images.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the Lock Icon all the way to the right in the Filter Bar. But remember you set the lock. Otherwise you will be back asking why you can't see all you images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there are particular attribute filters that you use repeatedly, it is convenient to make and use named filter presets.

There's a dropdown menu at the right side of the filter bar in Library (grid view), repeated at the right side of the Filmstrip. So a filter setup can be recalled in any context - whether that is for a folder based view, or a collection based view, and even while in e.g. Develop.

Also, at the right hand end of the Filter bar in Library, is a padlock icon that can be clicked open or shut.

This controls whether, when you move from viewing one folder to another, your currently seen view settings (including attribute filters) should be employed for that different folder also - or, whether that folder's own previously seen viewing settings, if any, should be returned to.

Between these two features, you should be able to largely control things as you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines