Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font not showing up in watermark

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joy Like Sunshine Through My Wi font by Brittney Murphy Design - FontSpace

Was using above fonts for my personal photos as a watermark signature. Suddenly font disappear from drop down list. Now can't even select it. Is their anyway to use above font as a signature?

PS - I did cleaned Windows Font cache. Thanks for the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

I used the demo version of Typograf. 

Open the font in Typograf and save with different name. Then import the font and it will show up. While saving the font, make sure their is no space in the font name (font name =/= font file name).

PS It has horrible, terrible UI, and the buttons move to try and trick you into buying it. But for the test purpose, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hellturn,

Have you checked this location and check if this font exists here? C:\Windows\Fonts

If it doesn't exist then please re-download it and paste it in the above location then relaunch Lightroom and let us know if it works.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yes it does exist their.

08.27.2018-16.32.09

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try removing it from there and then redownload a fresh copy and move it there, then restart the computer and launch Lightroom and let us know if it helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

1. I deleted the font.

2. I rebooted Windows.

3. I installed the font.

4. Rebooted windows.

5. Opened Lightroom Classic CC.

Still it doesn't show up. I tried removing other font to see changes are reflected or not and it seems changes are their in drop down. So it seems multiple space in the name is the issue?

Ex - sample font removal -

08.27.2018-19.48.51

Dropdown reflects it -

08.27.2018-19.49.05

So far no go with the font linked in first post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience-

I downloaded and installed the font.

And like you- it does not appear in the Lightroom list of fonts for watermark editor.

I can however use the font in Photoshop to create a PNG "Graphic" image to use in the LR Watermark.

ScreenShot108.jpg

I cannot see any of these "Standard" fonts in Lightroom, although they appear in the Windows font folder and are available in Photoshop.

ScreenShot096.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems fonts with space in the name are having issues. Once I removed the space and renamed it without space, same font worked without any issue. Same follows for other fonts with space.

I hope this defect gets fixed in next version. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us how, and where, you renamed the font.?

Renaming the file to install does not seem to change the Font name in the Windows Font list.

I have tried this with no result- I cannot get the font to appear in Lightroom.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used the demo version of Typograf. 

Open the font in Typograf and save with different name. Then import the font and it will show up. While saving the font, make sure their is no space in the font name (font name =/= font file name).

PS It has horrible, terrible UI, and the buttons move to try and trick you into buying it. But for the test purpose, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines