• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import sequence takes forever through media browser/dynamic link

Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a project with a colleague: we have identically cloned media living on external drives, all the file structures are identical.  When they send me a sequence (export selection as premiere pro project) and I attempt to bring it into my project via the media browser, it takes minutes to bring in a three minute sequence. If the originating project contains a lot of info, I might watch the blue (Connecting to Dynamic Link Server) bar for up to five minute.  This is a severe drag on our process.  I've got 64GB Ram, so that shouldn't be an issue.

When I did this in FCP7, it took seconds.  When I do it in Media Composer, its even faster.  Why does it take so long to bring in a simple sequence?  Is there any way to make this go faster?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried simply opening the other project and grabbing the sequence?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem - often worse, because both of our projects are very large.  These are long form documentaries, and the amount of footage to keep track of is 300 hours+.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, and when opening a second project and grabbing things you can at time get duplicated media. Which is a pain.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JIm's comment to take this type of project into the designed Team Projects workflow is probably the best.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro really works best if any given project is worked on by one editor on one desktop/workstation.  Folks often report issues when violating that ideal scene.

In your case, there are solutions -Team Projects and Adobe Anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, that's not an option for us.  We're in mid to late stages of the edit, and we're not going to restructure the entire project at this point.  We've been working on this film for a year, and we're not willing to lose any ground migrating the project into a new platform, even if it is part of the Adobe package.  We're also working with individual licenses & not Enterprise or teams, so that excludes us from using the features you're talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines