• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom classic 7.3 "Add GPS coordinates to selected photos" does not work in Map module

Explorer ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to add GPS coordinates to a group of photos in Lightroom Classic Map module.

I've located the place where I shot the group on the map, the photos are selected in the film strip, but when I try to add GPS coordinates by right clicking the shoot location on the map, the GPS coordinates are not added.

I've tried this with a single image and a group of images.

My computer is connected to the Internet, I'm able to move around the map and the Location metadata set is visible in the right panel.

I'm running Mac OSX 10.13.4 and Lightroom Classic 7.3.

I'd appreciate knowing if this is a bug or if there is something I can do to get this to work.

Alec Dann

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have right-click enabled on your Mac? Otherwise it should be control-click. Also you can simply drag the images from the filmstrip to their location on the map.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on Windows 10, build 1803, Lightroom 7.5. Drag-n-drop from filmstrip didn't help. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on Windows 10, build 1803, Lightroom 7.5. Drag-n-drop from filmstrip didn't help. Any ideas?

A number of people have reported problems with Map in LR 7.5  Please add details of your issue to this bug report: Lightroom Classic: Placing photos on Map module erratic and slow since update LR Classic CC 7.5 (Win... Be sure to copy/paste the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info, and click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. This will make it more likely Adobe will prioritize the issue, and you'll be notified when the status changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the correct format to write Lat/Long gps co-ordinates?

Could you provide an example of your co-ordinate nomenclature for us to see thanks ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have the correct format to write Lat/Long gps co-ordinates? Could you provide an example of your co-ordinate nomenclature for us to see thanks ?

You can use LR's display format:

37°21'56.282" N 122°15'48.005" W

Or you can use Google's default format:

37.365634, -122.263335

A lot of people prefer the Geoencoding Support plugin over LR's built-in geotagging.  It's much better supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines