• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message: Couldn't find main entry point for PermiereProImport.plugin (48 :: 72)

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2016 Apr 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error message: Couldn't find main entry point for PermiereProImport.plugin (48 :: 72) 

Greetings.  I've been getting this AE error message.  Worked with Adobe AE support for over two hours (in my computer) doing all kinds of things and the problem continues.  Not able to import or copy Premiere Pro clips to AE.  Also uninstalled AE and reinstalled it.  The problem continues.  Does anyone out there have any ideas as to what is going on?  This is getting ridiculous!  Appreciate your thinking.  Apparently Adobe support has no solution and neither do I nor could I find anything about the error message in the manual.

Ben Strasser

[Edited title for brevity - moderator]

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ms. Sheena Kaul.  Thanks for your reply. Because I'm relatively new to  After Effects, an interpretation of your solution would be helpful since I don't know what that means I should do?  Then, after you explain it, I'll know what it means next time!  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just moved the discussion to the correct community so that the experts can help you out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah-ha.  Now I understand what you have done to help.  I get it.  Since it was an AE problem, direct it to the AE forum.  Yup.  Makes absolute sense.  Thanks for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please describe in a lot more detail what you are doing, what sort of footage you're working with, your system specs, etc.

Copying and pasting clips works pretty seamlessly for me, so we're going to have to figure out what's not working for your system.

For an idea of what sort of info we need, read this.

Although, you seem to be saying this happens in a brand new project. Are you saying you get an error message when you start AE or what? I'm not following what you're saying. Again, please give us more detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings and thanks for taking your time to reply.  Perhaps you have not read my previous comments?  I get that error message each and every time I open AE. So at the time I get the message I'm not working with any footage, etc.  It is during the program load before I have done anything whatsoever.  And when I continue to open AE despite the error message (example provided earlier) , I find that I am unable to copy or link any clips from Premier Pro to After Effects or visa-versa, while that should not be the case.  Both Permiere Pro and After Effects are the most recent versions and this problem has only recently appeared I believe upon updating After Effects - which have happened recently.  Note that I have also uninstalled and reinstalled After Effects but the problem remains.  And After Effects Chat Help has spent over two hours working inside my computer but the problem remains - that the normal linking (as I understand it) between Premiere Pro and After Effects is not working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its one of two things, either the adobe product versions don't match (which you still haven't listed down to the 0.001 place)  so no one can help you;

or you have them firewalled with an antivirus and dynamic linked is literally blocked or permissions are blocked by OS

Premiere Pro CC, CC 2014, or 2014.1 freezing on startup or crashing while working (Mac OS X 10.9, an...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Live and learn.  I assumed that by stating I have the most recent After Effects and Premiere Pro that would be enough, but apparently it isn't?  Checking the programs, I'm running After Effects 12.2.7 and Premiere Pro 9..2.0.  Since both come to me and are routinely updated by Adobe, I guess my assumption that Adobe knew what they are doing is wrong; that they could be providing an After Effects program that doesn't work with their most recent version of Premiere Pro? That being the case, is there a listing of some sort that will indicate what versions of After Effects will not work properly with what versions of Premiere Pro or do we have to discover that?  While I've been doing video editing for years, as I indicated earlier I'm relatively new to these Adobe programs so every new problem I confront is a first time. Perhaps what surprises me most is that with all of the time spent working inside my computer, Adobe chat-support was unable solve the problem and that they did not mention what you have; that some AE programs don't work with some PP programs?  Yikes.  Who would have thought?   I will also check the other issue you mention, that of a firewall and antivirus causing the problem.   Though I have no virus program on my Mac, I am wondering if there might be an artifact lurking somewhere that I will need to root out?  My sincere thanks to you for your interesting comments.  I hope they will lead me to a final solution.  (I note the reference you provided re Premiere Pro freezing on startup or crashing ....  I have neither of those problems though will check it just in case it may lead to a possible solution to this perplexing problem.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RCKid wrote:

Live and learn. I assumed that by stating I have the most recent After Effects and Premiere Pro that would be enough, but apparently it isn't? Checking the programs, I'm running After Effects 12.2.7 and Premiere Pro 9..2.0.

That's not the latest version of After Effects at all. That's, like, the original CC version. CC 2014 was versions 13.0 through 13.2 and we're now several updates into CC 2015. You should be running version 13.7.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Major version changes are not updates to the program, by the way. They are installed alongside or instead of old versions. I have the latest update to CC 2014 (13.2.x) and the latest CC 2015 (13.7.2) installed on my system since CC 2015 is such a big change to the underlying code.

Anyway, you should be able to download the new version through your Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that.  Now running 13.7.2 - and the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darn.

I am out of ideas. I would suggest giving Adobe support another try. Some of their agents are better than others.

Otherwise, uninstall, run the Adobe CC Cleaner tool, reboot, then reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not provided any useful technical info like system, version of AE, details about the project/ sequence/ comp settings, footage used and whatnot. Nobody can help you without any of that.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New at this.  Thanks for your reply.  Mac Pro, 10.11.4, latest version of AE. Matter of fact, I just uninstalled and reinstalled to see if that would overcome the problem and the error is still there!  Re the project details you request, there are none.  That is, the error is there no matter what AE I open, even when I open a new project or any older project I have,  so I'd guess that since the error is there even before there is a project, the specific project is irrelevant?  Actually, that error comes up on the screen even before the project is actually open and ready to go.  Hope this info helps.  As I mentioned, so far AE Support Help has spent over two hours inside my computer and have not come close to a solution, so, at present, I have not called back to AE Support again in the hopes that someone "out there" might have had this and solved it?  Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 3.59.58 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RCKid,

Another user solved this issue by completely uninstalling and reinstalling After Effects. You said you had tried this, but I would suggest using the Adobe Cleaner tool to get this done.

I know this post is aging, but I thought I'd post the solution here for others that may be hitting the issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Your solution doesn't help me! Still can't run AE after doing everything that the forum said... Any suggestions?

Thanks,

An

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this helps, however I had run into the 48 :: 72 error for a different plugin.

I had installed Motion Boutique's Newton in the plugins folder but had created a 'MotionBoutique' folder for organisation and neatness purposes.

Placing the Newton.plugin file in this folder resulted in the "main entry point (48 :: 72) error.

Once I moved this plugin out of the folder and into the root of the Plugin folder After Effects worked without a problem.

Applying the same logic, if you have a plugin that is in the wrong location that might cause the problem.

The PremiereProImport.plugin file should be in After Effects>Plug-ins>Format>'PremiereProImport.plugin

Might help, might be useless info. *shrug*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you This worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the exact same issue with the Newton Plugin, and your technique worked like a charm. Thank you for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines