Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

totaling line measurements

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me with something. I have a client that takes measurements from the documents that he is provided. Is there a way to sum the measurements he has taken without exporting to CSV? I have showed him how to export his measurements to a CSV and then in excel auto sum but there is several problems.

First problem is the delay in opening excel when the export button is clicked, I have installed a SSD but there is still a major delay.

Second problem is there maybe several measurements taken on each document but not all need to be summed. example, 6 measurements taken, first sum needed is 1 2 and 4 second sum needed is 3 5 and 6. If you export all 6 measurements there is no reference to which measurement is which, unless you reference back to the document but that would take time. If you export it in 2 batches the delay is twice as bad and continues to get worse the more individual exports you do.

Is there a way of using the CTRL button and selecting the required measurements and Acrobat summing them in the corner or something, similar to Excel? Or is there any other options available?

Looking forward to your suggestions.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Acrobat General Troubleshooting

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can very likely be done using a script, but it will require some custom-made development.

If you're interested in hiring a professional in the field to do it for you, feel free to contact me privately (try6767 at gmail.com) and we could discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’ve done custom Excel macros for my customers that would get all or some (e.g. filtered by annotation color) measurements and sum them up. This way, the data is already in Excel. Do, if the ultimate goal is to have this data avaliable in Excel, there are ways to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines