Exit

zoom tool is on all the time i can change the crusier

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello everyone,

can anyone help me out with this?

i am stuck in lightroom cc. i was editing my photos suddenly i don't know what i did my  zoom tool (that little magnifying glass with cross sign in middle) is on all the time which is very annoying. i can just zoom in and out on my photos now if i click i don't have that mouse cruiser anymore.

can anybody help me with that?

thank in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

anishb67738584  wrote

hi just shoot me,

thanks for you r reply. i am using LR clasic CC desktop version but on my mac os.

yes the main photo on the develop module has that tool on but it was nerver there until i wanted to zoom the photo, but now it always there. have you got any ideas?

Only one.

It is ALWAYS the Zoom Tool, Magnifying glass icon with + sign in the middle.

That is the way it has always been.

Only when you Zoom In does it change to the Hand Tool to Grab the image and move the Zoomed in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi anishb67738584,

Sorry that Zoom tool in Lightroom CC is stuck and is not allowing you to edit your images and navigate through them.

Could you please let us know the version of Lightroom CC you're using? Also, what is your operating system? Are you using your mouse or a tablet when the issue occurs?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi akash,

thanks for getting back to me. it is version 7.0 clasic CC. i am using mac OS 10.13.6. and i am using mouse.

the main image on the develop module always has that tool on i can't change anyhow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please update to the latest version 7.5 of Lightroom Classic CC and let us know if that helps? Refer Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking about LR CC the Cloud Centric version or LR Classic CC the Desktop, Local storage, centric, tranditional version?

If the Classic version when in the Library module and the Loupe View or in the Develop module, one image displayed in the main area, the cursor is always the Zoom Tool. Once the cursor is moved out of that area it will change.

If this is in the CC Cloud Centric version I have no idea as I don't use it much, mobile devices, and never on a desktop computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi just shoot me,

thanks for you r reply. i am using LR clasic CC desktop version but on my mac os.

yes the main photo on the develop module has that tool on but it was nerver there until i wanted to zoom the photo, but now it always there. have you got any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anishb67738584  wrote

hi just shoot me,

Only one.

It is ALWAYS the Zoom Tool, Magnifying glass icon with + sign in the middle.

That is the way it has always been.

Only when you Zoom In does it change to the Hand Tool to Grab the image and move the Zoomed in image around in that main area window.

When you move the cursor out of that main area the icon will change to the standard Pointer.

If you are in the Grid View then the cursor is always the pointer icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One exception worth mentioning is: while using one of the local tools... the cursor meaning changes accordingly. So that you can brush / erase, so that you can add a fresh gradient, or clone a spot, or correct redeye, etc.

So once you have clicked to activate (say) the Brush tool you remain in that tool, until you click again on the icon for the Brush tool to deactivate that - or else onto a different tool, or switch module, or press Escape key.

Holding down the spacebar key while using a tool: switches the cursor temporarily into its default click-to-zoom and drag-to-pan behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines