• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamically Changing Type Color depending on Background Color

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in the most up-to-date version of Indesign CC.

I create a lot of reports that require pagination. I usually add in the page numbers through the Master. Sometimes the background will be a dark color and the black page numbers do not show up. Currently, I go in and manually edit those page numbers to white text. I have used effects like Difference or Screen or Lighten on the text so that it responds to the background but I'd prefer a more solid solution.

I'm looking for a script that will dynamically change the type color based on how dark or light the background color appears.

I have not been able to find a script that does this so I'm hoping to either write one myself or get help writing one.

Are there any other work-arounds people have found for this issue?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the InDesign Scripting forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you move this to in the scripting forum? Can you provide a link to this moved post???

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's already in the right place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines