Exit

User Presets that won't apply on all my photos

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So here's the deal:

I'm using CC 7.4. I've created a couple of my own presets. Mainly been working on .CR2 files. I've saved all my presets in the correct folder and all, and the presets usually work on all the .CR2 files.

BUT, when I'm scrolling between a .png, .jpeg and .CR2 file, the presets won't show up/be selectable working on the .png and the .jpeg ones. It's like the presets vanish from the list when I'm working on other files than .CR2 ones, but when I switch over - they're back.

Any ideas on why this this problem occurs?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Try creating some presets again, but this time check that "Treatment & Profile" is unchecked.

ScreenShot098.jpg

Sure is confusing! I do not know the answer.

Check out the answer from John Ellis at- Lightroom Classic: Presets including raw profiles are sometimes available for non-raws, sometimes not | Photoshop Family…

Quote-

"It's the presets that include profiles that aren't  camera-specific, e.g. Adobe Color or Adobe Vivid, that disappear for JPEGs and other non-raws.  (These profiles are implemented as the new e

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating some presets again, but this time check that "Treatment & Profile" is unchecked.

ScreenShot098.jpg

Sure is confusing! I do not know the answer.

Check out the answer from John Ellis at- Lightroom Classic: Presets including raw profiles are sometimes available for non-raws, sometimes no...

Quote-

"It's the presets that include profiles that aren't  camera-specific, e.g. Adobe Color or Adobe Vivid, that disappear for JPEGs and other non-raws.  (These profiles are implemented as the new enhanced profiles in .xmp files and apply to all cameras.)"

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, if the presets had the Treatment & Profile box checked when they were created, and the included profile was one of the new "enhanced" profiles like Adobe Color, then the presets only appear when you're editing raws, not JPEGs, PNGs, or TIFFs.

To make it more confusing, prior to LR 7.5, the Treatment & Profile box would get checked automatically if you also checked Color Adjustments, and you couldn't uncheck Treatment & Profile.

So as WobertC indicated, if you want your presets to work with both raws and non-raws, you'll have to update their settings to uncheck Treatment & Profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you guys! Did not know this feauture even existed. But yes, this method made it all okay again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines