• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Desktop Lightroom 5.7 crashing

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app .]

My Lightroom 5.7 is crashing when I try to import photos from an SD card or my hard drive. Everytime I try, it shuts down. Is there a way to fix this? I purchased the application a few years ago, and haven't used it much lately, but when I try to update the software, I get a message that it is updated. What do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using 5.7 then there's only one more update, 5.71. But that is still quite old software. There are no new updates for it. Lightroom has moved on to several new versions and updates since then. What operating system are you using? When did it start crashing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't hurt and can often help to delete your preferences:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with the digital dog.... reset your LR preferences, and also try optimizing the catalog : That has worked for several people  as well.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/?s=optimize+catalog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On the off chance! If you have an (Android) phone plugged in LR5.x crashes on trying to import. A bug never solved…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines