• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find Photos NOT in a collection

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've accidentally removed a collection from lightroom, but the images remain in the catalogue. I can add each one individually back into the collection, but there are more than 10,000 of them...

Is there an easy way to find images NOT in a collection?

Thanks,

Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LandingSpot,

If I understand you correctly, In the Library tab, go to Library Menu and scroll down to Synchronize Folder.

This will work for each folder, not really sure how it will work with nested folders though.

Let me know if this works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into Grid in Library

Command-Click (for Mac, not sure about Windows) ALL your collections so ALL the collections are highlighted.   These photos are in collections.   You could probably also select the top collection and then shift-click the bottom collection to select them all.

Select ALL the photos shown. Menu Edit/Select All

Click on "All Photographs"

Invert the selection using.  Menu. Edit/Invert Selection

All the photos now selected are NOT in a collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant Bob Somrak! I’m not sure I would have ever come up with that even if I thought about it for awhile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Create a smart collection using the criterion.... collection / doesn't contain / a e i o u

You can also add numbers to pick up any collections which might have numerical names.

Collection is under the Source item in the drop down box.

SNAG-0003.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines