Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Start Scripting and Data Merging

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to automise a template for flyers, but I have no idea how to start.

I design everyday about 30 flyers for different restaurants and they are quite similar, they just need to change:

- Background Picture (Front and Back)

- Website link (they all have the same font style, but it will change size according to how long the URL is)

- Logo (It's another image in png with transparent background)

- QR code (we have this information online)

- Discount text (depending on the establishing this text would change)

Is there a way to create a code, online perhaps, where I can make sure that all these info will combine and export a pdf through indesign?

Please help me   I just need to know where to start, even for googling, because I've never worked with so massive production. So any videos, tutorials would be helpful, I have lynda as well.

We have an internal admin, where I could upload all the information needed.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This task should be something that InDesign's Data Merge feature could assist you with. It works in a similar fashion to Microsoft Word's mail merge feature. David Blatner has a series of videos on Lynda/Linkedin Learning about the topic that is a good starting point.

I run a blog called www.colecandoo.com and on that blog I have several data merge scripts that may come in handy, but the scripts are better used once you have a handle on the concepts of data merge.

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moved to InDesign Scripting​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines