Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import XML presets into Lightroom Classic CC 7.5

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

I've downloaded some new presets that are XML - and have put them into the Settings folder as recommended, then when in Lightroom I select Import and it appears to try and import but then they are nowhere to be seen. Anyone else having this issue? They are not old lrtemplate files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

[View this reply in your Web browser to see the screenshots.]

I've downloaded some new presets that are XML - and have put them into the Settings folder as recommended, then when in Lightroom I select Import

It's not necessary to put them in the settings folder. The Presets' panel Import command will copy them into the correct location.

A new-format .xmp file could contain either a Develop preset, which would appear in the Presets panel on the left of Develop, or an "enhanced" profile, which would

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look here:My 'general presets' have disappeared

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - thanks but no that's not the same issue. My other presets are all there and I can see the folders to manage them. It's just installing a set of new ones I haven't used before that is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[View this reply in your Web browser to see the screenshots.]

I've downloaded some new presets that are XML - and have put them into the Settings folder as recommended, then when in Lightroom I select Import

It's not necessary to put them in the settings folder. The Presets' panel Import command will copy them into the correct location.

A new-format .xmp file could contain either a Develop preset, which would appear in the Presets panel on the left of Develop, or an "enhanced" profile, which would appear under Profile in the Basic panel on the right. It may be that the new files are enhanced profiles.  In the Basic panel, click on the Profile dropdown and then Browse:

Imported profiles could appear in any of the groups (folders) displayed by Browse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, many enhanced profiles only apply to raws and not JPEGs, PNGs, or TIFFs.  So be sure to edit a raw file when looking for a newly imported profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - yes it turns out they weren’t presets, they were profiles! All sorted, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A number of people have reported getting confused by this. Please add your vote to this feature request:

Lightroom: Provide a confirmation of how many presets and profiles were imported | Photoshop Family ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines