Exit

Unstable Timeline

Participant ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ASUS® Z97-P: ATX, LG1150, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4790 (3.6GHz) 8MB Cache
16GB Kingston DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (2 x 8GB)
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 750 Ti - 2 x DVI, HDMI - 3D Vision Ready
EVO 860 500GB SSD Sata 6Gb/s Boot Drive
2TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE Capture Drive
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Version 1803
Premiere CC 2018 Version 12.1.2

OK, I have had this problem now for quite a while and still without without a fix?..........

The format I am using is 1920x1080 AVCHD .mts files. Also .MP4

The issue I have is once I have it on the timeline and cut it into small clips, then add basic Cross Dissolves, it drops frames on playback? At this point the timeline is yellow and it is not yet rendered but surely it should be able to play back a few simple dissolves as it did in Premiere CS6 for the past few years? If I turn off Accelerated GPU then obviously the transitions will turn red and I should expect problems until they are rendered!

I have tried everything on various PC's, from uninstalling everything, re-installing new hardware (even Motherboard) and software. I have windows 7 on my home pc, which is an i7, 16bg ram, but does not have a Cuda Card fitted. I have installed CS6 and I can place my recorded footage AVCHD .MTS .MP4 on the timeline and it fly’s like nobody's business! I can add dissolves and things in between clips and even though the transitions are red to indicate render needed, it plays back like a dream..... No stutter, No Jitter, just smooth playback, as if it was already rendered.

However, on my main Video Editing PC which has the same i7, 16gb ram and a Cuda Card, or my Top End same spec Laptop PC, it just wont play back without dropping frames and stuttering through each dissolve? (Even though the line is Yellow) and it is using the Cuda Cards? I record and edit using the same AVCHD .MTS and MP4 files as I have done for many years before upgrading to CC.

I have rolled back Windows, and CC to many earlier versions without success. I have managed after lot's of attempts to locate a few  "support technicians" < I use the title very loosely because after having a remote session with all 3 people from Adobe, I soon realised that they did not have a clue and were probarbly sat in a shed at the bottom of a garden somewhere in India? I have today waited on another "higher technician" to call me his morning at 10am. It is now 8pm and still no call? They are just useless, but are happy to take my monthly subscription?

This issue has been with me now for a few weeks since upgrading to Premiere CC and I have literally tried everything without success. My only option now is to roll back to windows 7, install CS6 from disc and stay with that. I know there will be some additions I may lose from CC but at least I wont be paying for a product that is faulty and with Shite support!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rollback to CC 2017... it's not your machine, 2018 is broken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no work stopping issues with 2018 up to version 12.1.1.  (My subscription ended before 12.1.2 dropped.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend using Cineform proxies for all H.264/5 media.

Work offline using proxy media |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok heres an update.... Adobe Senior Engineer/Technician did a remote with me today for one and a half hours. After checking out the system and two other of my systems, he confirmed the problem was Premiere CC. He even tried it his end on his own PC and the same result. He cannot see a reason why Premiere CC was not able to play back my .MP4 1920x1080 footage in real time playback. I pointed out that CS6 has no problem doing this and hat I thought that a newer build should surely be a lot better than a five year old build? He agreed and said he is now going to take it to the developers to see if they can fix the issue. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another update guys after my remote with Senior Technician last night....

You contacted us 8/25/2018 2:22 AM about Issue on Cross dissolve/PPROcc.
We regret the inconvenience caused to you due to the issue that you are facing.
As we have discussed on the call this issue is reproducible at our end as well since Cross Dissolve is a GPU accelerated effect and applying it on a moving frame multiple times can give you issue with playback. You contacted us 8/25/2018 2:22 AM about Issue on Cross dissolve/PPRO CC .
We regret the inconvenience caused to you due to the issue that you are facing.
As we have discussed on the call this issue is reproducible at our end as well since Cross Dissolve is a GPU accelerated effect and applying it on a moving frame multiple times can give you issue with playback. The only workaround would be to render the file to get a good preview.
We have noticed the issue at our end as well and we will try to work on it in the next update of Premiere Pro. We are sending you a feedback form, kindly mention your issue so that our team can put it on priority. We are closing this case for now.
We look forward to working with you.  Adobe Customer Care.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think it is fab that they finally agree that this is a Bug with Premiere CC but I am a little concerned about the part where they say...
Cross Dissolve is a GPU accelerated effect and applying it on a moving frame multiple times can give you issue with playback.
If this is so, then why does my old PC without GPU acceleration play back smooth with Prem CS6?.
As you can see they have now closed the case but hope they will get it fixed by the next update? Here's hoping!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines