• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC and GFX 50s

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to see or import raw (shot Raw Lossless Compressed) files from my camera into Lightroom when I select the camera in the import dialog I am told there are no files (works fine with my Canon 5D mkIII).  On a Windows 10 machine Lightroom was updated to the most recent version 7.something (I'm at work and not on my photo computer) and the camera fimrware has been updated to latest (3.20).  I am using a hybrid 3.0/2.0 USB cable and everything can see the camera, I can see the images using playback on the camera, if I extract the card from the camera and put it in a card-reader the .RAF files are there.  I haven't tried to import them that way as I ran out of time before work this morning.  If I browse the camera using File Explorer the camera is there though the two folders, called 'Live' and 'Still', are empty. 

What am I doing wrong?  Is it something with the Lossless Compressed version of RAW?  I should be able to import these directly from the camera, right?  Or, do I need to go through a card-reader?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

I just read your first message again. I would definitely use a card reader. The images will import more quickly, and the import tends to be more reliable. If File Explorer indicates that the folders are empty, are you certain that you have inserted the right card?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That model is listed as being supported by the current version of Lightroom. However there is a note indicating that the 35mm custom crop mode is NOT supported. Could that possibly be a consideration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot some with the 35mm custom crop but I also shot a bunch using a native lens and another bunch after turning that setting off in the camera.  Could it be that it's seeing the custom crop files first and then just bailing on the rest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just read your first message again. I would definitely use a card reader. The images will import more quickly, and the import tends to be more reliable. If File Explorer indicates that the folders are empty, are you certain that you have inserted the right card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the correct card, actually cards as I am using the second slot in back-up mode.  They are both SanDisk cards that the camera saves to with no issues.  using a card reader, thanks for the tip, that's good to know.  I'll try that and will actually see if getting rid of those files shot in the crop mode, or just shooting with un-cropped raw files, helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me put my vote in for you to get a card reader as well.

If you have USB-3 or any of the newer versions of USB, be sure to get a card reader that can take advantage of that speed. If your computer does not have that capability yet, be sure to get a card reader that can take advantage of that speed with the next computer you buy. (It'l be one less piece of hardware you'll need to update.)

As a side suggestion, be sure to reformat the card in your camera and do not have your computer reformat the card. There have been situations where the camera does not understand the formatting that computer did and the card can then be used as a fishing lure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the card reader tip.  I've ordered one and it's on the way.

As to the actual resolution of this issue: it was a camera setting <doh>.  In my defense the sub-menu was in camera but was not one that was covered, and it's parent menu was different, in the manual.  Both the hard-copy in the box and the on-line version I was using as reference while I was determining how to set my camera up. 

For anyone else's reference it's the Connection Setting menu is different, at least with firmware 3.20 (as now the latest) and what's shown in the menu and the PC Connection Mode sub-menu is not there.  On that menu there was a setting selected other than 'USB Card Reader'.  Once I selected that option I was able to get all of the files off the camera in Lightroom the way I thought it should work.  Lesson learned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines