• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If I end my subscription will inbrowserediting.com for Muse still work?

Engaged ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the announcement of the ending of Muse and Business Catalyst I am seriously thinking of ending my Creative Cloud membership.  I primarily used if for Muse, Business Catalyst, Audition and Photoshop.  I'm starting to migrate my sites to a different web platform.  But may of my sites are still in Muse and will take a while to transfer them all.

My main question is, if I do end my subscription will Muse fully function?  And will the inbrowserediting.com feature for my clients still function for the?  From the FAQ section it says that Adobe will validate licenses every 30 days.  I need a clear definition of this.  I appreciate any help.

Thanks! BC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hey bernwa,

The answer is yes. If you are hosting elsewhere than Business Catalyst then IBE will continue to work as long as your browser supports it.

If it is hosted on BC it will work until BC is turned off in 2020. So if your client is currently using IBE there is no need to panic.

However, if you are looking forward to end the CC subscription, the access for Muse will also be lost.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey bernwa,

The answer is yes. If you are hosting elsewhere than Business Catalyst then IBE will continue to work as long as your browser supports it.

If it is hosted on BC it will work until BC is turned off in 2020. So if your client is currently using IBE there is no need to panic.

However, if you are looking forward to end the CC subscription, the access for Muse will also be lost.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.  I have to say I'm so disappointed in Adobe.  I can't afford to lose Muse as I have so many sites designed in it.  Yet I'm forced to keep my subscription even though Adobe is ending support for Muse.  Absolutely appalling.  As soon as all my sites are moved over to a new platform that will be the end for me and Adobe.  Too bad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand this is not very practicle.

However, the team is still discussing around a favorable pricing plan, and we expect that they will come up with a  solution very soon.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush

How many more years do you think current browsers and future browsers will be able to support IBE?

Thanks

Lauren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given how fast the web is changing, there's no way to predict how long anything will last. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Watch at the muse-themes blog:  https://www.muse-themes.com/blogs/news/your-most-commonly-asked-questions-regarding-without-code-and...

One answer is/was:

If I am currently working on Muse sites do you suggest I stick with Muse or switch to a new platform right away?

There’s nothing wrong with finishing your site build in Muse, or maintaining existing sites in Muse. If it was good enough for your website build two days ago, it’s still good enough today. It will likely be many years before Muse websites don’t work properly in modern browsers.

The Muse shutdown simply means Muse has reached its final state – and it’s in a pretty good state. The application is not “time-bombed” meaning unless you delete Muse it will stay on your computer forever. There is no need to rush or panic.

Another one:

What will happen to Muse in-browser editing after May 2019?

In-Browser Editing (IBE) on Business Catalyst hosted sites will go away when that hosting service is de-commissioned on March 26, 2020.

Any Muse-generated site on third party hosting platforms will remain edible with IBE as long as there are no browser incompatibilities (which could be several years).

There are some others out there who provide some alternatives. I recommend, not to panic, watch at some new stuff, tryout some new stuff (most of them provide free trials and even free forever at a certain state of support) – for new websites you may be aware of these new web apps-some of them are pretty well, I guess. It is also a question of money, of course – watch ankushr40215001​´s  post about that in this thread.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines