• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro XI "error 16" configuration error message when I launch the program

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing Acrobat Pro XI I receive an "error 16" configuration error message when I launch the program. I am using Windows 10 and the program was previously installed and working fine. However, my hard drive crashed and waw replaced. I am still using Windows 10. Can you help?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Hi Geoffreyely,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are getting error 16 when trying to launch Acrobat XI, is that correct?

Try launching Acrobat as an administrator using the steps given in the following link and check if that works

Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista

If that doesn't work, try the troubleshooting steps given in this link:  Configuration error in Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Creative Suite

You may refer to the steps given in the following forum t

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

After trying all the other fixes listed here, I was still getting this message on Windows 10,  It is because the program wants you to run as an administrator.  G

o to the Acrobat 11 icon and right click.  Go to properties and click.  Choose compatibility tab and click.  Choose (click) run as administrator and apply.  Close out.  You now be able to run the program!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Geoffreyely,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are getting error 16 when trying to launch Acrobat XI, is that correct?

Try launching Acrobat as an administrator using the steps given in the following link and check if that works

Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista

If that doesn't work, try the troubleshooting steps given in this link:  Configuration error in Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Creative Suite

You may refer to the steps given in the following forum threads discussing the similar issue:

ACROBAT XI PRO error 16 problem

Error 16 on Acrobat Pro XI

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the solutions you recommended but to no avail. Anything else you can recommend? Is there someone I can talk to??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi geoffreyely,

Try enabling hidden admin account on the machine, login into that account and launch Acrobat from there. Refer to the steps given in the following link for the same: How to enable the hidden administrator in windows 10 - Microsoft Community

You may also contact support using this link: Contact Customer Care

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to use hidden administrator with the lusrmgr,msc but the snapin would not allow addition of a new user

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your suggestion. It did NOT work. Is there someone I can speak to on the phone or by chat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi geoffreyely,

You can contact support using this link: Contact Customer Care ( sign in to begin > select account issues > Adobe ID and signing in > show me my contact options > and select from chat or phone).

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After trying all the other fixes listed here, I was still getting this message on Windows 10,  It is because the program wants you to run as an administrator.  G

o to the Acrobat 11 icon and right click.  Go to properties and click.  Choose compatibility tab and click.  Choose (click) run as administrator and apply.  Close out.  You now be able to run the program!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines