Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Acrobat DC does not open PDF?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with a 2018 MacBook Pro.

I was working fine with Acrobat DC and the following day continuing on it failed to open any PDFs. I uninstalled and re-installed but it had the same issues.

I called Apple Joint Venture for assistance and the operator suggested I create a New user on my Mac. We did this and reinstalled the Acrobat DC on the Test User. This seemed to work but its not ideal as all of my work is on the other user name account.

Can someone please advise how I can get the original program working on my account?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Try opening a PDF. Look on the Window menu. Is it listed? If so try Window > Tile > Horizontal.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi terryl,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are unable to open any pdf using Acrobat, is that correct?

Could you try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Reboot the machine once if you haven't already and check if that helps.

2- If that doesn't work, check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again.

3- If issue still persists, try the troubleshooting steps given in the following forum thread under post#3:

Acrobat Pro DC won't open files on Mac

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your input Shivam but this was the solution below

Try opening a PDF. Look on the Window menu. Is it listed? If so try Window > Tile > Horizontal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you so much this worked I very much appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines