• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I need to uninstall Adobe Reader XI in order for Adobe Digital Editions 4.0 to work?

May 31, 2015 May 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like a 63 year old idiot when it comes to anything electronic but I'm trying very hard to download ebooks to my computer by myself.  My public library uses Axis360 which is part of the eRead Illinois Program. I installed Adobe Digital Editions 4.0 per library instructions. When I try to download an ebook I receive the message "Adobe Reader could not open 'URLink (7).asm' because is is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged." I'm using Windows 7. Do I need to uninstall Adobe Reader XI in order for my computer to open the ebook with Adobe Digital Editions? I'd greatly appreciate any help with this

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2015 May 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You need not install Adobe Reader to make Adobe Digital Editions to work.

Follow below steps:

1. Lanuch Adobe Digtal Editions

2. Drag and Drop 'URLink(7).acsm' to Adobe Digital Editions.

3. Book will be downloaded automatically

Hope this works !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked like a charm!  Great instructions. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not understand and cannot find anything related to step 2:  . Drag and Drop 'URLink(7).acsm' to Adobe Digital Editions.

In plane English what does this mean.  Where do I get the URLink(7).acsm from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines