• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open captions not showing in export

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just created some open captions that I intend to burn into the video. The subtitles are in Hebrew and Open Captions was the only format where I could format the text to look good (i   n   s   t   e   a   d        o   f        l   i   k   e        t  h  i  s) and also display the Hebrew letters properly. However, when I export it, the subtitles don't appear. I've made sure that the 'Burn captions into video" option is selected. What else am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific dot version of PR?

There has been a bug if you are doing this in Adobe Media Encoder.

For a workaround or to test this, export from PR rather than queuing to AME.

Or, in AME preferences, set it to "Import sequences natively." If this was not set, you must reimport the sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

"Import sequences natively" was already ticked so that wasn't it, but exporting from PR solved the problem.

I have PP 12.1.2 and AME 12.1.2.69 which seem to be the latest ones so I guess  the bug hasn't yet been fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had forgotten; right, not fixed. I am Win 10, and having "Import sequences natively" checked works for me (only if set before queued from PR or imported within AME).

That and export directly from PR are the workarounds. Glad one of them worked for you!

What OS are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines