Exit

Freezing on rendering/playback

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So...

The best way I can explain it is like this:

Anytime I mess with the "Program Monitor" it freezes but I can move the timeline around. I can select different LUTs. I can even change different effect controls. Basically everything else is functional. Except the Program Monitor and the Source Video Monitor. Those refuse to do any kind of playback.

BUT once I try to render the video by pressing enter on the timeline I can't do ANYTHING. Everything freezes up on me.

I was so close to finishing this video so if anyone has any kind of advice for me I would love to hear it!

Hope this all makes sense.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Video card issues like corrupted or outdated drivers or even corrupted frames/codecs can cause this issue. You might need to update your video card or reinstall new drivers. The displays in Premiere can be choking on corrupted frames which can be caused by many things like hard drive issues as well. Your media might play perfectly in other applications even with corruption and then crash within Premiere. Not saying this is the issue, but this can happen. I've seen it. Here are some things to try

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video card issues like corrupted or outdated drivers or even corrupted frames/codecs can cause this issue. You might need to update your video card or reinstall new drivers. The displays in Premiere can be choking on corrupted frames which can be caused by many things like hard drive issues as well. Your media might play perfectly in other applications even with corruption and then crash within Premiere. Not saying this is the issue, but this can happen. I've seen it. Here are some things to try:

• Clear all cache in PREFERENCES > MEDIA CACHE
  • Double-Check Memory setting in PREFERENCES > MEMORY (make sure memory assignments are correct)
  • Update your Video Drivers. If you already have, you might need to roll your video drivers to a older version
  • Check the health of your media drive.
  • Turn Off GPU in FILE > PROJECT SETTINGS > GPU RENDERER ( Select Software Only)
  • Re-Install Premiere using Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool --Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kristian!

After clearing all the cache everything appears to be working!  Saved me a lot of trouble.

UPDATE!

spoke to soon. as soon as i made this reply I went to try again and its back at it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Villegas Media,

Have you tried the other steps recommended by Kristian Gabriel? Please let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines