• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download Animate CC 2017 17.1 or 17.2

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, Adobe made rather large, breaking changes to the HTML Canvas Publish settings as of 17.5 (June release), which included de-globalizing "lib".

Unfortunately, this kills the organization of our custom libraries, so I remained on version 17.2 for now.  I switched machines, and now the only 2017 Animate available for download is 17.5. 

Where can I get, or how can I install 17.1 (January) or 17.2 (March) versions?  The legacy download links don't have this available either.

Thanks,

Jason

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

var myLib = window.lib || AdobeAn.getComposition(Object.keys(AdobeAn.compositions)[0]).getLibrary();

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't think that's available for direct download.  more info is at the cc 2017 link.

Single user licensee downloadable installation files available:

Updates

• Download and installation help for Adobe links

• Download and installation help for Prodesigntools links are listed on most linked pages.  They are critical; especially steps 1, 2 and 3 which also apply to eLearning Sute 2.5.  If you click a link that does not have those steps listed, open a second window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

And a big thank you to Jim @ Prodesigntools for helping me with these links!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this is really comprehensive -- though this doesn't really work.

There is no Direct Download for Adobe Animate for 2017, though mysteriously one does exist for 2018.  That's somewhat fascinating.  If you download what appears to be the original CC 2017 suite installer, you still end up with 17.5.  Does anyone else know of another way?

Thanks,

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jason, I am sorry, but the only version of CC 2017 that is available for Animate is version 16.5.1 which is not the one you are looking to install.  The other version offered is 18.0, but that is newer than 17.1 or 17.2.

I would recommend you adjust your workflow for the current release of Animate CC.  The individual software product teams have the final decision on what versions of the applications they wish to have available through the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application or at the files available at the following locations:

The installers that are made available on these pages take extra development effort that is not necessary when obtaining Applications and updates through the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application or creating deployment packages with the Creative Cloud Packager.

You may want to consider moving this discussion or starting a new discussion regarding your request in the Adobe Animate CC forum.  The Animate product team is periodically active in this forum and the community may also have suggestions on how you can workaround the changes made to Libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the 2017.1 and 2017.2 releases are gone, but since I was able to stay on those versions, I was OK.  You are saying because I've switched machines and because now the only available version for 2017 is 2017.5 (16.5.1), I need to address the elephant in the room (the disruptive changes that were made in the HTML template that break any js dependent on .lib).  I wish your product team would have considered that the transition from the Jan/March to the June release was not trivial and so both versions should have been made available for those not yet ready to jump the chasm.

Alright, we'll take that approach and I'll follow up with some technical questions in the Animate CC forum as you suggested.

Still, I appreciate the help.

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your understanding is correct, Jason.  I know this can lead to a frustrating situation.  There may be a variety of reasons for why the decision was made not to make a specific build available for reinstallation. 

Providing feedback in the Application title specific forum, as you are currently doing, is the best way to make this feedback known if there is a missing feature or need for a particular build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

var myLib = window.lib || AdobeAn.getComposition(Object.keys(AdobeAn.compositions)[0]).getLibrary();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ClayUUID!!!  This is exactly what I needed!

Each of my libraries that load that reference lib need this!

Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, thank you, you saved us! I actually used var lib = what you did, not myLib. We made a bash script to translate new Adobe Animate js exports into a form that is compatible with code that relied on Adobe's old export. The script simply appends this fix to the end:

sed -i "\$avar lib = window.lib || AdobeAn.getComposition(Object.keys(AdobeAn.compositions)[0]).getLibrary();" $1

That's not the only thing the file has to do unfortunately, but it's one of the main two. The other one is to rename the lib to the name of the exported js file as by default the lib is named after the fla file that generated (not the file that is generated in which the code is).

DA_FILE=$(basename $1 '.js')

echo "Specifying lib object name to match file $DA_FILE"

#AdobeFile.fla is the name of the flash file that generated the js

#It should be renamed to something more standard

sed -i "s/AdobeFile/$DA_FILE/g" $1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's what i said: "i don't think that's available for direct download.  more info is at the cc 2017 link."

read that info about using an older version and read msg 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines