I'm trying to automise a template for flyers, but I have no idea how to start.
I design everyday about 30 flyers for different restaurants and they are quite similar, they just need to change:
- Background Picture (Front and Back)
- Website link (they all have the same font style, but it will change size according to how long the URL is)
- Logo (It's another image in png with transparent background)
- QR code (we have this information online)
- Discount text (depending on the establishing this text would change)
Is there a way to create a code, online perhaps, where I can make sure that all these info will combine and export a pdf through indesign?
Please help me I just need to know where to start, even for googling, because I've never worked with so massive production. So any videos, tutorials would be helpful, I have lynda as well.
We have an internal admin, where I could upload all the information needed.
This task should be something that InDesign's Data Merge feature could assist you with. It works in a similar fashion to Microsoft Word's mail merge feature. David Blatner has a series of videos on Lynda/Linkedin Learning about the topic that is a good starting point.
I run a blog called www.colecandoo.com and on that blog I have several data merge scripts that may come in handy, but the scripts are better used once you have a handle on the concepts of data merge.